Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The future of Amiga.org ...?  (Read 23943 times)

Description:

Offline skilgannon

• Show all replies
Re: The future of Amiga.org ...?
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »
Only being an active member here for a while and moreso recently - heck I even fed the Kitty :)  I really enjoy my multiple daily visits here and would be very sad to see it go, so I hope it doesn't if Wayne can't get the asking price.  

Amiga is absolutely not Amiga Inc, or Commodore (with their £3000+ uber PC's).  Amiga is now us.  It's the active community with a badge on it.  We each own a part of that name now as we're the only ones who care any more.

If I can do anything to help raise the funds Wayne needs I will but won't be able to swing $10k past the wife.  It's bad enough getting the odd piece of kit in here these days.  I am however willing to contribute.  

Proposition

- Someone takes ownership of pledges of financial buy in from the community (I would be able to pledge $200 for instance)
- We compile all the pledges to get a value which Wayne may or may not accept (if it doesn't sell on eBay)
- If Wayne accepts then each pledge pay's Wayne their pledge money
- Pledgers go into a pot and vote themselves in to run the site
- Voting is opened to the whole community and whomever gets the most votes - runs the site but doesn't own it per se

I could probably get a contract drawn up that would show percentages of site owned by each of us so that if it was ever sold on - we would get a share of the sale.

What do you all think?

John
I\'m an IK+ championship winning, goal scoring superstar hero ;)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.