Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The future of Amiga.org ...?  (Read 23843 times)

Description:

Offline tonyyeb

• Show all replies
Re: The future of Amiga.org ...?
« on: August 19, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »
Time for either the community to:

1. Club together and buy Amiga.org

2. Setup an alternative

3. Let Spanish lesbians take over...

Number 3 gets my vote.
Chris (aka tonyyeb)

Offline tonyyeb

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;519950
Helpful as always I see  :roflmao:

There should have been a :p after my original message ;)

Speaking from the forum user perspective... To be honest there are lots of Amiga news/forum sites out there for people to choose from. Most people frequent most if not all of them... I hope someone with the desire to continue running 'as-is' takes over but in the same breath I personally wont miss it much if it has to go.

Some people who have been here the whole 15 years or so will differ their opinion... and if they care so much about an Internet site, then they should be the ones looking to buy it.

I don't blame you for selling up, Wayne. If I had an asset that I thought was worth $10k and didn't want it any more... selling it would be my number 1 choice. Good luck in whatever you do in the future... your dedication to this site has been admirable.
Chris (aka tonyyeb)

Offline tonyyeb

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;519956
Chris,

Your attitude, while understandable (and unfortunately all too common), isn't very helpful to this situation.  Yes, if I closed the site today, people would simply wander off to other sites.  Yes, there are people who -- right now -- are already planning to steal all the content off of this site for their own purposes, but I think you truly miss the point.

There may be other sites, but there will never be another Amiga.org.

Wayne

True. Here is my ideal world for you (remember it is only my opinion expressed on this public forum): You sell amiga.org to a dedicated forum user(s) with the same values as you and things continue as they are. That way everyone gets what they want.
Chris (aka tonyyeb)