Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any PPC Mac users here??  (Read 1382 times)

Description:

Offline orange

• Show all replies
Re: Any PPC Mac users here??
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »
I have been trying to install MOS on macmini, but the dvd drive seems broken, it won't boot it.
shame Morphos don't support install from USB disk :/
Better sorry than worry.

Offline orange

• Show all replies
Re: Any PPC Mac users here??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
Quote from: Vlabguy1;671713
Define "seems"... open her up(if you haven't already done so).. could be that the cable came loose from the logic board.  Mine seemingly stopped working with a CD in it, and even though it sounded like it was moving(making noises etc.) something was amiss.  I opened it up and reseated the flat delicate ribbon cable and it started working again.  Even the Genius told me the SuperDrive needed to be replaced.  But they do fail eventually(like most things mechanical) and honestly I had ordered one from Apple before I looked at it and it wasn't that much money.  Needless to say I did not pick up the one I ordered from Apple and that was over a year ago.  Still working with out fail.

Rich
ny

I started the PPC Macs FB page to help others with "stock" machines :)...

well its been long time since I tried installing MOS. iirc, the drive would read dvds (now and then) and I had tried 'laser lens cleaner cd'.
unfortunately, opening macmini is not so easy. one needs 'special' tool, I don't have anything similar.
Better sorry than worry.