Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Updating Workbench 3.1  (Read 5324 times)

Description:

Offline sturulezTopic starter

• Show all replies
Updating Workbench 3.1
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:21:58 PM »
Hi,

I am using workbench 3.1 and I would like to update it with some more colours, change of icons and a desktop background. At the moment I am using the standard icons and colour scheme

I have a commodore 1084s monitor. Is this something that can be achieved with this monitor? I understand it wouldn't look as good as a on a modern monitor.

Regards
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2

Offline sturulezTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Updating Workbench 3.1
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »
I have installed this and it has really brightened up my workbench.

Many thanks

Hi there sturulez...  Have you ever checked out Better Workbench? I was never too keen on these enhancement packages however, after doing some hardware upgrades to the A500 in my sig, I thought I would give BetterWB a try. I found it quit awesome! You can switch from the boring 3.1 icons to the newer glow icon set which is quit appealing to the eye. Not sure if it has a background utility. And it comes with a ton of enhancements and utilities that are very useful. Mostly the stuff you would spend a lot of time hunting down individually. It's also still maintained. It would look really good on an 1084S monitor too. You certainly have the horsepower to run it. Maybe give a try...   ;)

Here's a link and full description.....
http://lilliput.amiga-projects.net/BetterWB.htm
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2