Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component  (Read 85763 times)

Description:

Offline chris

Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« on: November 11, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »
Your requested feature would require that a datatype "adopts" the bitmap of another datatype, and then save that. Not sure whether this is available, but it is at least not one of the initial requirements of datatypes.

You could just adopt an enhancement from AROS. When you create new datatype object you may explicitly specify the DTA_BaseName tag in order to select proper class. This way one could use datatypes to e.g. load a picture from disk, create new datatype object with specified class (e.g. { DTA_BaseName, (ULONG)"png" }), transfer data between them (PDTM_READPIXELARRAY/PDTM_WRITEPIXELARRAY) and finally write new datatype object (DTM_WRITE). Dunno if picture.datatype from 3.1.4 support this.

Example of use (writing picture datatype object as PNG) can be found in AROS sources, e.g. in my mirror: https://github.com/michalsc/AROS/blob/master/workbench/tools/ScreenGrabber/main.c

This should already work in OS3. My little program I wrote and then subsequently started messing around with this feature appears to do something similar: http://aminet.net/package/gfx/conv/icontoiff.lha
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline chris

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »
Chris Young's first versions of 68k Netsurf used datatypes, but he just couldn't get pages like amiga.org displayed correctly. Both speed, color and aligment problems.

Could you make a ques, would it be that those problems would be gone now? Netsurf uses now render and guigfx libraries.

You have a better memory than me! I thought the problem was speed but maybe not.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

Offline chris

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »
So... was the long-existing (possibly never worked) GadTools image menu (IM_ITEM) bug fixed?

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=94

Although that's an OS4 thread I'm pretty sure I tested it on OS3 and it didn't work there either. It would be nice to see this fixed in 3.1.4 especially as the fixes used in OS4 should be available.

Offline chris

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 05:49:08 PM »
Reason I am asking is it was not 3rd party in 3.9, and the codebase in question was originally compiled against that version. And it seems version included with 3.9 does not like 3.1.4(not conclusive, still testing).

Edit: Also; the 3.1.4 Prefs/Workbench has a toggle for NewIcons.

I believe the 3.9 newicon.library was a stub/emulation for programs that used newicon.library directly.  You don't need it unless you have such an old program.

The following users thanked this post: H_Celine