Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component  (Read 86882 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« on: November 04, 2018, 02:30:57 PM »
@kreciu

I have nicely "crafted" OS3.9 and I was hoping to update  it manually. Based on what you are saying.. I should do clean install. To set up everything from scratch, it will keep me busy fir few weeks!

Why do you take that from what Thomas said? You have a working partition so either use the Aminet upgrade script or make do with what you've got. What benefit would you get from doing it manually? 

Use updateto314.lha script on Aminet from Gulliver! Job done.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 05:23:42 PM »
Quite a while ago, I already reported on the printer.device, and that it was the most nerve-wrecking experience we had with 3.1.4. So far, I always believed that graphics is bad, but despite it smaller size, printer made more trouble, for multiple reasons.

Wouldn't it be far easier just to buy out the TurboPrint source code and concentrate on new drivers for that superior system. You seem to think it is still important to support dot matrix printers in 2018 just because Workbench 3.1 did. I really am confused at bug fixes of pointless outdated parts of the operating system that no one interested in printing used past 1993 anyway!!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 09:59:56 PM »
@Thomas Richter

Buy from whom? And pay with which money?

Buy from the owner: IrseeSoft.
Buy it with Hyperion's legal war-chest money. Better to spend it on that source code acquisition than lawyers IMHO.