Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component  (Read 86029 times)

Description:

Offline stx

• Show all replies
Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »
Now for my contributions: This is not really that much. One thing is that you can drag windows out of the screen. This is actually less than it may look because it is primarily a job layers has to do, and layers was already modified quite a while ago to support this service. Intuition was only modified to make use of this service, and its "window movement" functions where adjusted for testing the window bounds differently if the feature is enabled. This is by default on the workbench, but not on custom screens, but every constom screen can request it by a flag or a tag.

What is the best way to detect if this feature is enabled or not? Using the library version or checking this flag?

Is there any documentation or updated include files on this?

Steve

Offline stx

• Show all replies
Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 02:25:08 PM »
What is the best way to detect if this feature is enabled or not? Using the library version or checking this flag?
The flag is enabled by default for the workbench, and disabled for all custom or public screens. You can set it in OpenScreen() and friends. Yes, we need to publish an SDK on this. The flag is the same flag and the same name as in Os 4, so you can also check there right now.

Otherwise, there should be no need to check this after the screen has been opened. What do you need this information for?

I'm updating the DragIt tool (see on Aminet) after a pause of 25 years! Currently I use the library version in order to detect out of screen window. I was just wondering if there was a better way to detect this feature and act accordingly.