Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A500 with Vampire 2 on Ebay!!!  (Read 2009 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: A500 with Vampire 2 on Ebay!!!
« Reply #89 from previous page: September 22, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
The Amiga isn't cursed, it's the toxic emotionally unstable entitled lunatics that make up the so called ”community” that are a curse.

Time and time again stuff like this happens because of those freaks. I'd love to say it is a minority but as time has passed they have now become a majority sadly.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;814264
The Amiga isn't cursed, it's the toxic emotionally unstable entitled lunatics that make up the so called %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8221;community%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8221; that are a curse.

Time and time again stuff like this happens because of those freaks. I'd love to say it is a minority but as time has passed they have now become a majority sadly.

You hit the nail on the head.

What I find interesting is reselling stuff on ebay.    Buying 1.. ONE *ONE*  Vampire board for lets say $300 USD (just throwing out a price) and selling it for $600 usd.  You make $300.  Thats it.  You dont have a board anymore and you're probably not getting another anytime soon.
All for $300??  What did that pay for?  Part electric bill and something else?   To me $300 profit is nothing if its a one time thing.  

If you were kipper2k or Majsta and sold a few each month at $300 profit, then thats good, its worth it.  Makes sense to those two guys.  But to a regular person who only has one..you have to be dirt poor to resell something once,  just for the money.  To kipper2k and Majsta, raise it to $300 USD.  Make it worth your while.  Nothing is free in this world.  Put me down for 1 at that price if you choose to sell it for that price.  I can pre-pay, send me a PM.

If I dont get an A500 Vampire because some aholes messed it up for all of us, then I only have 1 word, a curse word, to say to the individuals that screwed it up for us...  Starts with an F.  Figure out the rest.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:53:19 PM by TheMagicM »
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;814266
All for $300??  What did that pay for?  Part electric bill and something else?   To me $300 profit is nothing if its a one time thing.  
...QUOTE]

Ipso facto paying an additional $300 in a one time purchase for something you really want??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand#/media/File:Supply-and-demand.svg

What's wrong with AORG starting up a "fund me" or a kickstarter?  To help these guys get to where we want them to get?

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2016, 02:07:35 PM »
Kipper was certainly important in recent months because he got the orders and manufactured the boards manual in spare time. Because of high interest (and more orders to come) this "business model" was not possible anymore. If I understand correctly the boards will be assembled professionally, then only someone has to test and send them (and collect the money). It is regrettable that now someone is personally hurt but kipper did not start the project and even if he leaves the project will not end. As far as I know he was only the man for collecting orders and production, development was and is done by majsta and core is developed by a team around gunnar. So all rumors that the project is dead now are wrong in my view.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;814269
Kipper was certainly important in recent months because he got the orders and manufactured the boards manual in spare time. Because of high interest (and more orders to come) this "business model" was not possible anymore. If I understand correctly the boards will be assembled professionally, then only someone has to test and send them (and collect the money). It is regrettable that now someone is personally hurt but kipper did not start the project and even if he leaves the project will not end. As far as I know he was only the man for collecting orders and production, development was and is done by majsta and core is developed by a team around gunnar. So all rumors that the project is dead now are wrong in my view.

The Vampire project is not dead but kipper2k will never again design nor build any Amiga hardware add-ons because of a bunch of losers with no social skills harassing him.

This is a major disaster.  I despair at humanity sometimes.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Pgovotsos

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2016, 04:08:53 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;814264
The Amiga isn't cursed, it's the toxic emotionally unstable entitled lunatics that make up the so called ”community” that are a curse.

So called community. Yep, that's it right there. We don't have a community here, we have a collection of egos. If we had a community, we wouldn't have 73 Amiga operating systems, we might even have a viable platform. Instead we have the current mess and, just like every other time something comes along that promises to revitalize the platform, the "community" Fs it up.

I know that isn't the only reason why the platform didn't rise back up, but for the last 20 years it pretty much has.

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2016, 04:31:32 PM »
@ metalguy:
Much of the "posterior" hurt going in is from folks that were looking to do what is a despicable trend in the Amiga scene. Source a piece of gear for as little as possible, purchase multiple units, then RESELL for as much as possible. Now that the price has risen the rats are leaving the ship as they always do. The poachers fail to underestimate the resourcefulness, resilience, and technical expertise of the team. Kippa and Majsta have been doing this lone wolf style for far too long, now with a team of guys taking some of the work of their back they will excel to even greater heights.

Offline adonay

• Show only replies by adonay
    • http://www.freewebs.com/adonay-/index.htm
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »
So many idiots among the Amiga users. Pretty sure i wont get a board now because off this . I dont get the stress you dont pay to be on that list.
A1200 ACA 1230

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »
Quote from: adonay;814319
Pretty sure i wont get a board now because off this .

and i dont get the panic. they have adjusted the price, probably an inevitable and way overdue move. im certain they have not and still are putting so much work into it just to give up now and lock everything away in an cellar. you will get your board sooner or later if you want it.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »
Quote from: Crom00;814277
@ metalguy:
Much of the "posterior" hurt going in is from folks that were looking to do what is a despicable trend in the Amiga scene. Source a piece of gear for as little as possible, purchase multiple units, then RESELL for as much as possible. Now that the price has risen the rats are leaving the ship as they always do. The poachers fail to underestimate the resourcefulness, resilience, and technical expertise of the team. Kippa and Majsta have been doing this lone wolf style for far too long, now with a team of guys taking some of the work of their back they will excel to even greater heights.

+2 Great outcome.