Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS FAAAST ACA1232 50 MHz 128 MB RAM turbocard, faster, than Blizzard 1230 50 MHz!!  (Read 7685 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Re: FS FAAAST ACA1232 50 MHz 128 MB RAM turbocard, faster, than Blizzard 1230 50 MHz!
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 05, 2016, 10:16:03 AM »
I've seen sellers on amibay increase their item price over time, I don't think there's a rule which states you can only decrease it.

The first in line rule is a good thing. Imagine this.... a super rich Amiga hater who buys everything that's ever for sale on amibay and then destroys it. He creates mass bonfires of Amiga computers and related gear and films them as they burn, after which uploading the videos to youtube.

Offline paul1981

That's a good price.

Offline paul1981

Quote from: Blizzard 128 MB;815103
Please delete whole topic now. Why did I not find a moderator? How is it possible to find it?

Just create a new thread offering the card for sale again if you wish. I don't think there'll be any more drama. Unless you've sold it have you?

Offline paul1981

Ironically it would have sold on amibay at 250 euros.

Offline paul1981

Quote from: Blizzard 128 MB;815305
Horror = impossible to sell a cheap, rare turbocard, will  never be produced already.
Be ashamed of yourselves.

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACA1232#50MHz_limited_edition

50MHz limited edition

Starting mid-november 2015, a limited edition of this card is  offered, using a 50MHz-rated 68030 CPU with full MMU. This card has a  completely new SD-Ram controller, especially geared towards handling a  higher CPU clock while maintaining all timing requirements of each and  every component of the card. That means: No part of the card is  overclocked. All components are operated well within specifications.  Previously, customers have overclocked our cards to obtain a 50MHz  version, but these cards have shown instabilities because memory and the  memory controller were also overclocked. Most of these customers went  back to using the original (and guaranteed!) clock frequency.
Does your card have the new SD-Ram controller? If not, then you can not pass it off as one of those rare 50MHz versions that were available from November 2015. I'm just being honest here, this is not an attack upon you, but I don't think it's fair to try and pass your card off as one of those rare versions, people need to know exactly what they are buying.

Offline paul1981

Quote from: Blizzard 128 MB;815313
They used new RAM controller for the 1232-50, if a new controller was needed for the 1233-55.

So your card is different then to the original and rare 1232 50 MHz edition. Yours has faster RAM access due to older SD-Ram controller. That makes your card more desirable in my opinion, providing it's 100% stable like you say so. You can't attach an FPU to it though like 1233/1233n unfortunately.

@gizmo

I remember reading about someone attaching an FPU to ACA1233, probably on EAB.

Offline paul1981

I was wondering what that meant too.