Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanted: Deneb or Kickflash  (Read 273 times)

Description:

Offline cmsjTopic starter

• Show only replies by cmsj
Wanted: Deneb or Kickflash
« on: July 01, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
Since it worked out well for jack-3d, I would also like to throw my hat in the ring and say that I'd like to buy either a Deneb or a Kickflash (my interest is mostly in the ROM storage, rather than the USB part of the Deneb).

Maybe you have one of these cards sitting in a machine somewhere, or a cupboard, and would be happy knowing that it could have a new life where it will be loved :D

Let me know!

Many thanks,
Chris

Offline quenthal

• Show only replies by quenthal
Re: Wanted: Deneb or Kickflash
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »
Quote from: cmsj;810492
Since it worked out well for jack-3d, I would also like to throw my hat in the ring and say that I'd like to buy either a Deneb or a Kickflash (my interest is mostly in the ROM storage, rather than the USB part of the Deneb).

Maybe you have one of these cards sitting in a machine somewhere, or a cupboard, and would be happy knowing that it could have a new life where it will be loved :D

Let me know!

Many thanks,
Chris

Slightly ot: try to get Deneb. Imo it is much more stable with custom ROMs. With Kickflash I used to have to give additional Ctrl-A-A when booting, with Deneb every boot (cold or warm) went smoothly with same custom kickstart.
A4000/CSPPC&060

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »
Where did you get the ROM? I have an Algor and would like to make it work that way. It may only be a 512k though, need to check that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:54:56 AM by QuikSanz »

Offline cmsjTopic starter

• Show only replies by cmsj
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:41:29 PM »
Quote from: quenthal;810494
Slightly ot: try to get Deneb. Imo it is much more stable with custom ROMs. With Kickflash I used to have to give additional Ctrl-A-A when booting, with Deneb every boot (cold or warm) went smoothly with same custom kickstart.

Thanks, that's excellent info :)