Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc  (Read 12638 times)

Description:

Offline magneticTopic starter

• Show only replies by magnetic
Re: Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »
chiark

I cannot reply to your pm on amibay as I am banned

As far as "the appeal" are you kidding me? I wrote 3 LOOONNNG Pms to the guy who banned me and NONE Of my points were addressed nor was the ban justified. Except for corporate sounding pms I got. Its rather terrible to treat amiga people like this. it is not right, and i'm glad to see that there are others who see this as well. The best part is it wasnt even my auction! What a joke.

How can 1 person tell another you cannot sell this item you bought here or here or why or why not? What if someone needs to make rent? (happens alot in amiga ville and people sell amiga sh9t) hello..

I wonder if i really should make noise about this on the net on other sites as well to bring attention to the unfairness. Never have I been treated like this as an amigan. :(
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline chiark

• Show only replies by chiark
    • http://www.chiark.com
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
The PM comment was at pan1k, not you :) - sorry for the confusion.

If you disagree with your treatment, you were offered the chance to appeal and I think you didn't reply to the offer.  An appeal will be dealt with by someone aside from the moderator who dealt with the case.  For this case there was significant discussion amongst the moderators and a consensus in the end but we can look at it again.

It's obvious you still feel that you've been wronged here, so please take up the offer of the appeal and I'll ask the moderators to act on it despite the time that has passed.  If we got it wrong, we'll sort it out.
Celebrating 21... no, make that 27... years of Amiga use

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »
First days of Amibay had some moderation issues. The staff was inexperienced and "over-moderated" unnecessary stuff usually. I've had my share of problems back then and got banned for some time too (it was not related to a transaction infringement). But now I see they've learned from their mistakes, and the place is run much more smoothly than in the past. I wouldn't still be there if it weren't.

As for your case magnetic, I haven't seen your 'friends' auction, so cant really comment, but generally what you got from amibay, you offer there for the same price. I've done it many times, and had no problems.
I believe in mt. Fuji

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
chiark

Thank you for the thoughtful and well explained post. You are a credit to how people in the amiga community are SUPPOSED to behave. It is very nice of you. I cant even go on amibay without getting a page that says i'm banned. And my favorite part for how long? "Never"  :(

Oh btw guys it was the first "infraction" no "warning" nothing. Very weird how agressive and cold it was
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
That is not cool from any of you to behave like that with Magnetic.

If he has been banned from Amibay, there is no reason to discuss it here, in a WTB thread, unless you would like to banish him from the whole internet.

Profeetering on amiga hardware is not a matter to be proud of, but you are on amiga.org here, and i know the guy Magnetic as a valuable member here.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
thanks Xanxi thats very nice of you! :)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline Phipscube

• Show only replies by Phipscube
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
Well i've been a member there for just over 6 months now and I find it the most friendly Amiga hang out on the net. Only recently I met up with a gang of guys from Amibay at R3play in Blackpool and we had a whale of a time, cracking lads. So to hear the comments here saddens me :(

Its true that Amibay has quite a strict policiy, but its only to stop people getting stuff "cheap" and then selling it off on Ebay or the like for profit. Amibay is about helping out fellow Amigans in need and not for the money to be made on what is in some cases highly desirable kit that can fetch premiums on Ebay etc. What I like personally apart from the friendly atmosphere there is the fact that you can be very sure that something you get on Amibay will be advertised HONESTLY, unlike Ebay where you have to read between the lines a bit with Amiga stuff.

Anyway, I think you should give them a second chance, its very surprising to hear you were threat in this way, but i'm sure its a mistake that can be sorted out. :)

Offline fitzsteve

• Show only replies by fitzsteve
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;595868
If he has been banned from Amibay, there is no reason to discuss it here, in a WTB thread, unless you would like to banish him from the whole internet.

He brought up the subject.  If he wants to make public discussion of the matter people have a right to defend themselves.

If he dosen't want a public discusion on the matter then...

To be honest none of the reply's here are constructive, a moderator of this forum should get involved and clean up this mess as no good will come of it.

Offline tone007

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »
Quote from: fitzsteve;595953
To be honest none of the reply's here are constructive, a moderator of this forum should get involved and clean up this mess as no good will come of it.

How very Amibay!
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »
Quote from: fitzsteve;595953
He brought up the subject.  If he wants to make public discussion of the matter people have a right to defend themselves.

If he dosen't want a public discusion on the matter then...

Speaking of people defending themselves, i don't see why you might be involved here, unless you are a moderator of amibay.
And many people defending themselves versus one guy doesn't look like a fair defense to me.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline fitzsteve

• Show only replies by fitzsteve
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 02:08:56 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;595975
Speaking of people defending themselves, i don't see why you might be involved here, unless you are a moderator of amibay.
And many people defending themselves versus one guy doesn't look like a fair defense to me.

You're right, I've got no reason to be involved with this discussion.  Apologies, I'll bow out.

Whats your excuse?

Offline Wasagi

• Show only replies by Wasagi
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
Quote from: tone007;595958
How very Amibay!

We could say how very amiga.org, but that wouldn't be fair would it as its not representative of the community here.  People who have come here from amibay have done so in a constructive manner not to sling mud.

Quote from: Xanxi;595975

People here are defending amibay based on the comments such as "amibay is run by tards".  I don't see anything personally against Magnetic.  My reason for posting here was to explain to magnetic why I think he might have been banned and urging him to appeal it if he was wronged.

Offline tone007

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
Quote from: Wasagi;595986
We could say how very amiga.org, but that wouldn't be fair

It would also be nonsense, as I was commenting on the Amibay "moderation issues" even defenders of the site agree exist(ed.)

As for mudslinging, I enjoy making clear my feelings on Amibay, and will continue to do so whenever the name pops up.  Don't worry, I'm sure they won't lose any members because of me!

Offline desantii

• Amiga Addict!
    • Show only replies by desantii
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Back to the original topic, Magnetic check your PM I have a daughterboard for you, just pay shipping
Amiga 1200/030 50mhz, 64mb ram

Amiga 2000, 030 25mhz, 7mb ram, A2320,  SCSI2CD

Amiga 3000/030 25mhz, CF SCSI card

Amiga 4000/ 040 33mhz 274mb ram

Offline skilgannon

• Show only replies by skilgannon
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 08:40:06 PM »
Quote from: tone007;596005
It would also be nonsense, as I was commenting on the Amibay "moderation issues" even defenders of the site agree exist(ed.)

As for mudslinging, I enjoy making clear my feelings on Amibay, and will continue to do so whenever the name pops up.  Don't worry, I'm sure they won't lose any members because of me!

Folks - I'm sure by now you realise that there are quite a few of us who are members here and also Amibay.  Deconstructive comments so far against the moderators and the site as a whole is counter productive to the Amiga community that we are all firmly part of.  

I would like to say - cut it out and grow up but then I'd just be joining in the mud slinging and I won't do that.  Also - to call them "tards" when some of them I would class as friends is just not on.  That's a personal attack on them and moderators of this site should think about that.

What I will say is however is that the folk here to date have been extremely friendly and helpful to me in the past and I've enjoyed my time here.  I also have the same experience with Amibay and like Phipscube said - we all had such a great time at R3PLAY - I wish some of you could have been there to join us.  The moderators are trying their best to keep the site running within the core values and I for one appreciate that.
I\'m an IK+ championship winning, goal scoring superstar hero ;)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.

Offline tone007

Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 01, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
Quote from: skilgannon;596173
Also - to call them "tards" when some of them I would class as friends is just not on.  That's a personal attack on them and moderators of this site should think about that.

I suppose I should clarify.  They're not all tards, probably most of them aren't.  I ran into at least one though.