Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: International buttholes on eBay  (Read 12205 times)

Description:

Offline Ideal

• Show only replies by Ideal
Re: International buttholes on eBay
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 02:50:06 AM »
In November 2008 I bought daughterboards for 3000 and 4000 from redrumloa on ebay.
These have as of today's date never arrived.

Draw your own conclusions.

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 03:03:11 AM »
FWIW asshat Ideal ...

I looked up the tracking number given in Red's feedback and your claim that it is bogus doesn't quite add up

Label/Receipt Number: CJ25 4452 477U S
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Service(s):                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        International Parcels
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Status: International Dispatch

Your item left the United States from ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) at 6:56 AM on November 28, 2008. No further information is available for this item.

Information on this item has been restored from offline files and will be available                                                      online for 30 days from 10/01/2009.

Detailed Results:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                International Dispatch, November 28, 2008, 6:56 am, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)                                                                                                             Arrival                                                                                                             Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 26, 2008

It clearly shows it left the USA and was received by customs at the other end. Not Red's problem, take the matter up with your local custom's office
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:08:17 AM by ZeBeeDee »
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 03:03:13 AM »
You have no place to call Red a scammer. just because one transaction doesn't work does not mean you have to go and slander this guy. I have heard nothing but good things about Red so you and red should work it out your issues rather than you Ideal go whining like a little kid who hurt himself.
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline tone007

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 03:05:31 AM »
Mailman thought they were chocolates and diverted them.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 03:16:04 AM »
Quote from: Ideal;524930
In November 2008 I bought daughterboards for 3000 and 4000 from redrumloa on ebay.

So you purchased an item in 2008 and never received it. Now you purchase another, sounds rather foolish if it actually happened. I have received stuff from Redrumloa very quickly. Emails answered promptly as well.
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline Tension

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;524911
USPS Priority Mail is quoted as 6-10 business days, today is day 11 and I get this PayPal claim filed against me without customer contacting me first.

All of a sudden I am getting a landslide of scammers and just plain a-holes. The worst offenders are in Italy and Spain, but France is making a push lately.. Sigh.. Looks like I am going to start declining international sales this late in the game.

It is certainly time to quit!!! :furious:

Be that as it may, surely this is a matter between yourself and the buyer from ebay.  I`m sure you didn't stroke him, I`m just not sure why you posted this here...  

There will always be arseholes on ebay.  I bought 2 MIDI interfaces in a row that were broken, off different sellers, and got no return.  Tough cheese.

But this isn't the place for bitching.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 04:16:03 AM »
Quote from: Tension;524936
Be that as it may, surely this is a matter between yourself and the buyer from ebay.  I`m sure you didn't stroke him, I`m just not sure why you posted this here...  

There will always be arseholes on ebay.  I bought 2 MIDI interfaces in a row that were broken, off different sellers, and got no return.  Tough cheese.

But this isn't the place for bitching.

No, it isn't a place for "bitching", but it is a place to remind others of con-artists like Ideal who are here to extort money from people like Red by receiving goods and then claiming they didn't and hoping they can get a refund in exchange for not posting negative feedback.

I've purchased many items from Redrumloa over several yaers and I've NEVER had a problem.  NEVER.

Even if Ideal isn't a con artist, it's been pointed out that the tracking number is genuine and he should be taking it up with his country's customs service.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Tension

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 04:23:34 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;524937
No, it isn't a place for "bitching", but it is a place to remind others of con-artists like Ideal who are here to extort money from people like Red by receiving goods and then claiming they didn't and hoping they can get a refund in exchange for not posting negative feedback.

I've purchased many items from Redrumloa over several yaers and I've NEVER had a problem.  NEVER.

Even if Ideal isn't a con artist, it's been pointed out that the tracking number is genuine and he should be taking it up with his country's customs service.

I couldn't give a shit how much business you've done with Red.  Read my original post.  I'm sure Red didn't stroke he guy, I just don't think people should be dealing with customers like this through Amiga.org

Shall we all start washing our dirty laundry in public Darrin?

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 05:55:32 AM »
Quote from: Tension;524940
I couldn't give a shit how much business you've done with Red.  Read my original post.  I'm sure Red didn't stroke he guy, I just don't think people should be dealing with customers like this through Amiga.org

Sure, why not. It'll very quickly sort the liars from honest folk out.

This forum is the Amiga Marketplace (look at the top of the page), I can think of no better place on AO to discuss the purchase and or sale of Amiga merchandise then here. Given that these sorts of issues are common (and often quickly resolved), just why shouldn't they be brought out if the buyer/seller feels the need?
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 06:22:48 AM »
Quote from: Tension;524940

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.  We've lost a good retro-seller because of this and I like to know why.

I know that as an eBay user I wont be selling on one person who posted in this thread.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline recidivist

• Show only replies by recidivist
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 06:41:54 AM »
Whoa!

I have had NO problems with redrumloa,and my purchases total several hundred dollars-daughtercard,Indivision,idefix,603,and I don't remember exactly what else in past years.

Although I think red is pulling our leg with the $4500 C128 tower even though its chock full of goodies !

Offline Hessu

• Show only replies by Hessu
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »
There are several, i wouldn't say buttholes, but lazy, sellers too, i don't know why it is so difficult for sending at least a message, when the item has been shipped? Most of us buyers do know it could take even weeks to get it, but still would be nice to get some info about the shipment :) With red i have had never any complains, i've paid ultrafast and got my goods ultrafast :D Goes with some other pro sellers at ebay too. I do understand those who have given up selling internationally (Usually just those guys have the stuff i want :( )

Have had luck with my shoppings, so far only one "scam", i didn't get the actual item(game), but older version of it. And the seller is no longer ebay member, so i couldn't contact him about it, few euros loss, not a big deal after all.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:54:52 PM by Hessu »

Offline gazgod

• Show only replies by gazgod
    • http://www.lincsamiga.org.uk
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »
Selling on ebay has become far more risky since ebay in its infinate wisdom stopped sellers leaving negative feedback on buyers.
Scammers can now raise disputes and leve neg safe in the knowledge that the seller can do nothing about it and to and ebay doesn't care as it still get its fees.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »
Quote from: Ideal;524930

That somehting went wrong with the postal service of possible one of several countires.

Having at one time worked for a parcel company at one time 6 years I can tell you that a lot of things go missing.

I think the lasck of negative feedback on 500 sales and as a valued member of thsi board that the conclusion is that possibly the boards never turned up.

if your attitude was like this from the start I would refuse to deal with you as well. It works both ways.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:51:52 AM by JJ »
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
@ Tension

well its your opinion and youare entitled to it.  Since when is it down to you to decide who discusses what where.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 07, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »
Sadly thanks to fleaBays new feedback system buyers have nothing to loose, some are most likely taking this to their advantage and getting goods for free as I speak.
I would like to meet the man/woman who thought that was a good idea...

[EDIT] POST NO. 1337! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l8eqE3bm2I[/b]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:54:58 PM by tokyoracer »