Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chromakey anyone?  (Read 803 times)

Description:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
Chromakey anyone?
« on: October 11, 2003, 01:11:28 PM »
I know this is generally a "for sale" forum, but I am, on behalf of somebody else, trying to track down a PAL Chromakey. Now bear in mind that I have little knowledge of this item, all I know is that it is for mixing video. Thanks in advance. :-)

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
Re: Chromakey anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 01:33:56 PM »
@adz

cromakey, is a technique "similar" to the one used by Amiga genlocks bui it uses colors instead of color 0 of the Amiga palette.

Usually for video works, the color is a green (greenscreen) and in film works it is used the blue (bluescreen) fot the backgound.

The most important thing, are the light positionings in the scene. They doesn't make shadows on the backgound screen.

Now, there are some way to use Chromakey.

If you are using a NLE program (Amiga few, PC a lot), CK and LumaKey are possible using its internal apps options.

If you still use an online system, there are available some very good video mixer, that can do the job.

The best option, is to use an harware RGB cromakey gear, with the possibility (very important option) to smooth the edges of the foreground.

Ciao

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 01:45:39 PM »
@Framiga

Thanks for that, now I have a rough idea what I am looking for/talking about, now all I need to do is track one down.

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 03:17:52 PM »
I have one !!

A Roctec RocKey Chromakey  Brand new,  (or should that be in brand new condition) only raced once !! in the box.

You can have it for £25 (around Aus$75) & you pay postage.

btw .. a little tip .....

You absolutely HAVE to get the lighting right to use a chromakey correctly which is why its now easier to use the chroma functions within NLE packages.

If your interested ... Email me..

Wedding.Videos@BTinternet.com
The Reluctant Pom