Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some of my stuff on e-bay  (Read 898 times)

Description:

Offline tintinTopic starter

• Show only replies by tintin
Some of my stuff on e-bay
« on: September 06, 2003, 08:18:34 PM »
my stuff on e-bay

Have a look and tell me if I'm asking too little or too much...

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: Some of my stuff on e-bay
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 09:46:44 PM »
I think they are OK, especially the Amiga 4000. I'm not sure if you will sell all the cards first time, though, but that is to be expected...

Out of interest, why are you selling?
I like Amigas

Offline tintinTopic starter

• Show only replies by tintin
Re: Some of my stuff on e-bay
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 10:19:52 AM »
@Cyberus

I am an animator that mainly used my Amiga with Lightwave, Real3D etc… I never really was much of a gamer.  As you can imagine over time it became less and less evident to use an Amiga for this purpose.  Till recently it was still used to store rendered images and stuff with the DPS PAR cos’ it has an excellent component exit which would allow direct transfer to professional video equipment, now that everything is moving towards digital recording this way of transferring images is no longer used by me.  I tried, with OS 3.9, to see if it could be used for the internet but a standard A4000/040 is not really up to the task.  So IMO there are only two options: either expand the Amiga with accelerator cards etc… or call it quits and wait for the new generation Amiga to come along.  That’s what I decided to do, so I’m not lost for the Amiga community yet, just waiting to see what will happen with the next generation machine(s).