Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (sold) Anyone in Perth, Australia want Amiga gear?  (Read 1934 times)

Description:

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
Re: Anyone in Perth, Australia want Amiga gear?
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 15, 2007, 04:02:19 AM »
 Maybe going nowhere, but we have and use those not that-old technology (for a base of comparison, an used pegasus I board worth more than 500 grants on Ebay, using PPC only solution, no customs chips).

Total Chaos IS a superb game, go for it. I play it almost every day! In the Amiga, never in a dammed pc-box.

I still use a 1200-030-128Mb Fast-SCSI-IDE43Gb-CDRW-Ethernet-WebBrowser-Mailer-MuchOtherThingsToMentionHere old crappy computer today! Yes I notice the 030 is not the up-to-date processor, sheeeeeeesh!

Windoz box sucks! If we have DVD author tools and good Video3D accelerators in the Amiga, we don't bother to haven't a B.Gaytes box around in the house.

Yes! We spend a lot of cash in a "dead" computer hardware, but (believe me), no other computer give me the comfort of use than an Amiga give to me. Nor the fun.

300 bucks for start is an ultrageous price, the lot worths more than this. I never sell my "crappy" 1200 desktop (with 128Mb RAM!)for less than US$500.00 (without monitor), imagine my towered 1200/Mediator one...

Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline OliverTopic starter

• Show only replies by Oliver
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 04:37:48 AM »
Well, I didn't quite expect this discussion to prop up in this thread.

I didn't realise anyone could feel my post was rude.  Oh well, I'm not bothered.

@Jimeh, if you haven't bought any Amiga gear recently, then you may not be aware that it can still fetch a price out of proportion to its vintage, simply because there are enough people who still like to use it.  It's a market, albeit a small one.  If the gear were currently manufactured, then your argument would certainly make a lot of sense to me.  Having said that, I'm not trying to get the highest possible price for my gear.

I'm in no hurry to sell my gear, and I'm also not looking to make a profit.  However, I don't have much time to conduct a sale either, so would really like it if there is someone in Perth who is interested, and can come and pick it up from my house.

I was thinking around $AU100.00 for the lot would be good.  If it's worth that much to someone in Perth, great.  But hey, all offers are considered.  If someone really wants me to post a component elsewhere, I would consider it, but nothing that's going to take me a lot of time.

Thanks for reading, and I hope someone is interested.

Oli
Good good study, day day up!

Offline Twin

• Show only replies by Twin
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 05:09:31 AM »
Hi Oliver.

Email and PM sent.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 05:27:56 AM »
The gear is now spoken for.

Thanks Twin, talk to you soon.

-Oli

Offline McVenco

• Show only replies by McVenco
    • http://www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »

jimeh wrote:

i moved with technology. You aint going nowhere.

Currently writing this on a XP3400 mate. Sure, not the latest but I'm not stupid enough to buy a new PC every three months.

Apparently you don't understand the fact that we use Amigas for the FUN that it gives us. Not because we think they are way better than modern x86 machines. Using an Amiga is just like owning a classic car. It's not as fast as a new car, not as safe as a new car, spare parts are expensive, it breaks down more often sometimes and you need to have quite some knowledge to keep it running, but it's far more FUN than just driving a brand new boring Toyota Corolla..

So when you come in, laughing at the Amiga and thinking you can have one for free, we shove you back to your little pc corner to think again.
| A4000 | CS-MK3 060@50 | Picasso IV |
| Member of Team Amiga (tm) | FidoNet 2:286/414.18 (long ago) |
| SysOp The Missing Channel BBS | Member of AGA BBS Intl. |

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 07:01:56 AM »
@ jimeh

So we're proof that owning an Amiga doesn't make one cool? I never said I was cool but you being all OLSCHOOL makes you sure sound very cool!

You're obviously easily offended. That was never my intention. Like I said I'm just curious. You're here because you just want to play one game and brag about your PC? That precious PC that can't play TotalChaos to you liking so that you may need to buy the real thing? Then it all boils down to one thing; if the Amiga is LOVE to you, how much are you prepared to pay?

Oh and saying all Amiga users are going nowhere; that's really oldschool 90's BS. Where did you get the impression the only computer I have is an Amiga?

The best part though in your post is about us being too cheap to upgrade. You just offered peanuts for an Amiga (LOVE remember?) and we are cheap? HAHAHAHA LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I can go to work now with a smile, thanks!
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 08:01:06 AM »
@jimeh
Do you have any idea how a market economy works?

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 08:15:42 AM »
I still don't quite know how my post came accross as rude.  Maybe the subject line made the impression that I was giving my gear away?  Probably a bad choice of words on my part.

Anyway, the buyer seems happy with the price, and I'm happy, so I guess that's all that counts in the end.  I'll give him a chance for a demo prior to buying the gear, and we'll take it from there.

As for the whole Amiga market thing, the only way these machines would be worth peanuts, is if no one wanted them.  In that case, sites like this probably wouldn't exist, and machines would be thrown away.  Really, the inflated market is a sign of the main positive aspect to the Amiga: it still has a following.  So, always a tradeoff somewhere.

Most likely I'll still be visiting this forum, even when I'm Amigaless.  I still like the machines, and I like the community here too.

Cheers guys.

Oli

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 08:24:22 AM »
@Oliver
Your post wasn't rude. He's just being awkward :roll: Hope you do stick around mate.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline jimeh

• Show only replies by jimeh
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 05:00:20 PM »
No, sorry Oliver, you misunderstand.

I mean MY post was rude offering you next to nothing for your extensive and well loved collection of Amiga hardware. Still, no harm in offering the kit a new, loving home, i say! =)

What did you end up getting for it, just to give me a better picture of the 'market', if you don't mind me asking?

Take it easy man.

@rest of ya

I am easily offended by flamers. No one needed to reply to my query but oliver. I offered an option better than the bin.

Why even bother posting in here if you're not making a bid/offer?

My guess was that you're bored and in need of entertainment - thats why I replied at all, against better judgment, as i said. And I'm happily proven right by that smile on your face heading to work.
GA-965P-Ds4
E6700 @ ~3GHz/3GHz
2* 1GB DDR2 667MHz dual ddr
2* SLI8600GTS 256MB OC@ chip: ~750MHZ mem: ~1.2GHz
1.2 Terabyte total storage (OS on 15,000RPM RAPTOR)
22\\" FP222W - 5ms
No floppy drive.

Generic A2000
1Mb RAM
2 DD floppy drives.

Offline tiffers

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 08:56:29 AM »
by Twin on 2007/6/15 13:09:31

Hi Oliver.

Email and PM sent.

Damn you Twin!!

(Actually, Twin told me about this thread... I signed up just to look for it... ) And he won't on-sell any of it to me either.. evil little man!

"Hi everybody! I'm Dr Nick!"
Amiga FTW!