Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (sold) Anyone in Perth, Australia want Amiga gear?  (Read 1944 times)

Description:

Offline OliverTopic starter

• Show all replies
(sold) Anyone in Perth, Australia want Amiga gear?
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:33:58 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm leaving the Amiga scene after many years.  I'm trying to fund some new music projects, and just don't use my Amigas much anymore.

ALL offers will definitely be considered:

I have:

A1200HD (with mobo timing revisions already, can't remember HD size), 3.1 ROMs (+3.0).  OS 3.1.
laptop/desktop IDE adapter
Cobra 1230 (w clock, but no MMU or FPU), & I think 16MB RAM,
buffered 2 port IDE interface for 1200
A2000/scsi HD, and some mobo mods (not sure which), w/ ROM kicker (1.3/2.04?? not sure)
2 1080s monitors
serial port midi interface
Music-X II, and Bars 'n Pipes etc
Many floppies with games/apps etc
Various boxed games
Several mice and joysticks
Probably some more stuff that I've forgotten about

Most of the gear is in reasonable condition, but not mint.  Mice and joysticks are worn.  A2000 has had battery removed some time ago, but nothing done to it since, and haven't used it for quite some time.

As I'm aiming to get rid of this stuff, I would like it picked up from my home.  Anyone is welcome to demo the gear prior to taking it.

Hopefully it will go to a good home.

Cheers,

Oli

edit - The gear is now spoken for.  Thanks guys.
Good good study, day day up!

• Show all replies
Re: Anyone in Perth, Australia want Amiga gear?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »

amigakid wrote:
Sorry to see you go.  I hope you enjoy your new music projects.  Cheers

Hi, thanks dude, much appreciated.

Oli

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:37:48 AM »
Well, I didn't quite expect this discussion to prop up in this thread.

I didn't realise anyone could feel my post was rude.  Oh well, I'm not bothered.

@Jimeh, if you haven't bought any Amiga gear recently, then you may not be aware that it can still fetch a price out of proportion to its vintage, simply because there are enough people who still like to use it.  It's a market, albeit a small one.  If the gear were currently manufactured, then your argument would certainly make a lot of sense to me.  Having said that, I'm not trying to get the highest possible price for my gear.

I'm in no hurry to sell my gear, and I'm also not looking to make a profit.  However, I don't have much time to conduct a sale either, so would really like it if there is someone in Perth who is interested, and can come and pick it up from my house.

I was thinking around $AU100.00 for the lot would be good.  If it's worth that much to someone in Perth, great.  But hey, all offers are considered.  If someone really wants me to post a component elsewhere, I would consider it, but nothing that's going to take me a lot of time.

Thanks for reading, and I hope someone is interested.

Oli

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:27:56 AM »
The gear is now spoken for.

Thanks Twin, talk to you soon.

-Oli

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:15:42 AM »
I still don't quite know how my post came accross as rude.  Maybe the subject line made the impression that I was giving my gear away?  Probably a bad choice of words on my part.

Anyway, the buyer seems happy with the price, and I'm happy, so I guess that's all that counts in the end.  I'll give him a chance for a demo prior to buying the gear, and we'll take it from there.

As for the whole Amiga market thing, the only way these machines would be worth peanuts, is if no one wanted them.  In that case, sites like this probably wouldn't exist, and machines would be thrown away.  Really, the inflated market is a sign of the main positive aspect to the Amiga: it still has a following.  So, always a tradeoff somewhere.

Most likely I'll still be visiting this forum, even when I'm Amigaless.  I still like the machines, and I like the community here too.

Cheers guys.

Oli