Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WANTED: Good AMIGA Monitor for A1200 (Still)  (Read 675 times)

Description:

Offline irishmikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by irishmike
    • http://www.jmikeneedham.net
WANTED: Good AMIGA Monitor for A1200 (Still)
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:52:53 AM »
Hello All:

First off, I would remind all that I am a poor person and I have to solve my issue in a timely manner.

I am (still) looking for a monitor for my A1200.  I am hoping for a good Commodore or any that worked in the video modes for  a little money.

Obviously, if you are within 100 miles of the Kansas City Missouri Metro area, I can pay more than I can if I have to consider shipping.  I have seen 2 monitors on eBay and I do continually look from week to week, however, I hope to avoid a bidding situation and really unless the monitor is in MINT condition with perfect picture and no burn in (like New); I would really like to avoid paying over $100 US (including shipping).  

As stated, this DOES NOT have to be a real Commodore monitor (Phillips, Sony, etc) would do so long as it has the proper cable and video mode translation for compatibility with my A1200.

If it is a Commodore Monitor, I would prefer an 1800 series model, or perhaps one of the 1900 series.

Thanks and feel free to pmail me if you have one to sell!

Happy Miggin!

\\"When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.\\"
- Marquis de la Grange

Offline icbrkr

• Show only replies by icbrkr
    • http://www.amigacd32.com
Re: WANTED: Good AMIGA Monitor for A1200 (Still)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:17:14 AM »
A 18xx series can only do composite and I could be wrong with I thought the 19xx series could do composite + digital RGB (for the C128).  At that point, you could use any TV that had a composite input and get the same results for far cheaper than $100.  If you're trying to do standard workbench modes, you can use just about any VGA monitor (with a 23->15 pin adapter) though you'll need to use a composite monitor/tv to see what's going on to set it up.  DBLPAL and DBLNTSC modes work fine on a standard 31Khz monitor and I believe Productivity does too.  You could also find an older monitor with a built in TV (VGA + composite) so you could do both in 1 monitor.
Project: CD32 http://www.amigacd32.com | Project: Particles! BBS http://www.particles.org

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:32:47 AM »
That is correct the Commodore 1802 and 1902 can only do Composite and cannot do Analog RGB.  Some don't even have the switch.  Look for a Commodore 198x series or Magnavox RGB 80.  (I got mine from a thrift for $5!)  Some were modified for this but you will not know unless you try but unless you can try it in person I would not buy one and have it shipped.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline motrucker

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:41:40 AM »
I don't have a spare monitor to sell, but I can steer you to a model that you may not know of - The NEC 3D multicync. This is an older model (maybe over ten years old!) but can still be found in good shape. They will sync down to the 15.xx KHz that is native Amiga. If you get a SD/FF they also sync to 31 ->38 KHz so they are GREAT for amiga users! The drawback is they are only 13".
The most I have paid for 3D was $50.
I hope this helps.....
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:25:19 AM »

motrucker wrote:
I don't have a spare monitor to sell, but I can steer you to a model that you may not know of - The NEC 3D multicync. This is an older model (maybe over ten years old!) but can still be found in good shape. They will sync down to the 15.xx KHz that is native Amiga. If you get a SD/FF they also sync to 31 ->38 KHz so they are GREAT for amiga users! The drawback is they are only 13".
The most I have paid for 3D was $50.
I hope this helps.....

This was my personal favorite Amiga monitor!  I wished I'd never let it go!  I haven't had the same luck finding a replacement...I could sure use one.

Bob