Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Canada beware! He's back!!!  (Read 2937 times)

Description:

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
Re: Canada beware! He's back!!!
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 28, 2005, 12:25:21 PM »
@ X-ray

Well, I've got a spare A2091 that I could sell you.  I was thinking of having it framed, simply because it was such a superior piece of technology, but because you're using such a pathetic controller, I could find it in my heart to sell you an A2091.  :-D

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 12:54:05 PM »
@ Darklight

That would indeed be humane.

But I think I should get rid of this A4000T (it is such crap after all). Maybe if I sent it to you, you could have it buried under Uluru where it would not bother society anymore.

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 01:06:26 PM »
I can only imagine how thrilled someone who owns a broken A1200/A4000 etc might feel by his frequently aired opinions and I daresay he doesn't get many people taking up his repair services.

There's something about DM that harks back to geeky days gone by in our early youth when some self-proclaimed "expert" suffering from severe social inadequacy and/or acne would spout their "knowledge" on any subject in a vain attempt to gain the respect of their peers.  However, that kind of behavioural trait is normally lost by one's mid teens so quite why DM still acts like this in his late 40s is a mystery open to some debate.  I guess he's too old for acne :lol:

Cecilia for President

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 01:25:59 PM »
@ X-ray

That would indeed make sense.  I will trade you my A2091 for your A4000T, purely for the satisfaction I would receive by burying it under Uluru, or throwing it into the Tasman, so the only people it would bother would be the Kiwis.  Truly, it is a wonder why the A4000/T was even conceived.  Surely, the designers would have realised that this machine was crap compared to the mighty 2000HD!
Seriously though, I can picture Doomy as one of the guys writing into Amiga magazines, asking for there to be more A500 programs, instead of AGA demos  :lol:

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 02:35:46 PM »
 :lol:

Offline vpamicue

• Show only replies by vpamicue
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 05:07:02 PM »
I am from Canada and have a case with US Postal Service against our seller (Postal Fraud). So one the problem is not his views but his actions. Two all beware he is attempting to sell objects you will not get them. He has GVP Spectrom card GVP IO 2 3.1 ROM chips Commodore Flicker fixer and a 2065 Ethernet card fro me still awaiting payment or objects. LOL or him to go to jail.
VP AMICUE
Amiga Computer Users of Edmonton
\\"Your Amiga Source in Northern Alberta\\"

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 06:35:45 PM »

vpamicue wrote:
I am from Canada and have a case with US Postal Service against our seller (Postal Fraud). So one the problem is not his views but his actions. Two all beware he is attempting to sell objects you will not get them. He has GVP Spectrom card GVP IO 2 3.1 ROM chips Commodore Flicker fixer and a 2065 Ethernet card fro me still awaiting payment or objects. LOL or him to go to jail.

Yes we all know he is theiving scumbag, I'm sorry you've been ripped off by him too.

Maybe if all Amiga ebay sellers joined forces and put "Do not buy from as he is a violent thief", it might stop someone else falling victim.

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 03:44:13 PM »
Right on!  Doomy's back in action. :lol:

---
redfox

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 08:22:53 PM »
I picture this guy living in a shack in the middle of nowhere with stacks of broken Amiga 1000's & 2000's piled up on his  front porch. He probably wears nothing but old button up shirts and army fatigues.

He is what I like to call a "technology redneck"

A rare but dangerous breed. Instead of focusing on the usual stuff like cars & guns these guys focus on some strange form of technology.

Do you guys have these in europe? :lol:  :lol:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 08:24:41 PM »

spihunter wrote:

Good question...
int p; // A

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 11:02:09 PM »

A rare but dangerous breed. Instead of focusing on the usual stuff like cars & guns these guys focus on some strange form of technology.

youve pretty much just described most zealous amigans lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Vandelay

• Show only replies by Vandelay
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 12:14:37 AM »
Do you guys have these in europe?

Obviously, we had one, but he currently resides in Beaverton, USA.

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 12:39:08 AM »

spihunter wrote:
I picture this guy living in a shack in the middle of nowhere with stacks of broken Amiga 1000's & 2000's piled up on his  front porch. He probably wears nothing but old button up shirts and army fatigues.

Not from Europe, but this reminds me of a day recently when I was driving my daughter to school.  I passed a house that looked like it'd been built during the Johnson administration and last painted during the Nixon administration - you know the sort of place.  Sagging in the middle, a "Shotgun shack" type of house, loads of dead plants in coffee cans and broken pots on the front porch and the inevitable "NO TRESPASSING" sign nailed to one of the front porch posts...

Anyway, two guys were hauling old, yellowed PCs out to the curb - there was already a considerable pile of monitors, a desk (which looked like it had originally cost more than the house, but was now just as dilapidated), stacks of PC towers...

Same day, later on my way home I saw a towered A1200 (!!!) sitting out by the curb - no side panel on the case, and it was right at a red light so I got a good look inside.  Had it not been pouring rain I would've grabbed it and thrown it in the car and had my first HW amiga in about twelve years.  However, as it was raining pretty hard and the inside of the system looked totally trashed, I didn't bother.
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline Nestor

• Show only replies by Nestor
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 12:43:31 AM »
He's made his feedback PRIVATE.

Why bother looking because it's at a disgraceful 93% anyway.