Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pirates and TOSEC sucks  (Read 9578 times)

Description:

Offline reflectTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.acggbg.org
Pirates and TOSEC sucks
« on: July 21, 2003, 11:16:22 PM »
I'm posting this for someone that wishes to remain anonymous. The reason I post this is cause I agree 100%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many months ago there was someone here on amiga.org who told me and a bunch of others that TOSEC aint a pirate team, YEAH right.
I told him the same that day as today, they pirate, I have discussed it on several places.

here is a site that show how crude this is...

link to pirate site removed by admin

all from old to brand new games..
online and ready to pick for anyone , sure bttr has legal ones, but this is not like bttr...
this site should be CLOSED! (planet emu)
new apc-tcp games , and games like apanosin etc..
No wonder people is giving up with developing
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Why aren't sites like these already closed down? It can't be that hard, now can it? New games.. ####..  I thought most people on amiga today realized that piracy today is killing what is left of the tiny developer community that we have.
--
These are interesting times we live in. New machines in progress, new AmigaOS in progress.. userbase slowly, slowly growing..  which is a success in itself.

• Show all replies
Re: Pirates and TOSEC sucks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 11:22:24 PM »
So what? the site is already out there. If we can get some attention on it, perhaps we can close it down.
--
These are interesting times we live in. New machines in progress, new AmigaOS in progress.. userbase slowly, slowly growing..  which is a success in itself.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 11:45:27 PM »
"whingeing"?  (is that even an english word?)  :))
On the contrary, get me a couple of dedicated people and we'll bring the site down. It doesn't take a whole lot to do that, you know.

Find the provider that this site buys bandwidth from, check the acceptable use policy and take it from there. If their policy doesn't cut it, then find out who their upstream provider is.

It's not like people are untouchable cause they're on the net.
--

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 11:52:43 PM »
The URL is gone now, so why don't we just drop that part of the discussion, yeah?

And "why I aren't doing that" ie closing them down, is cause it's more effective if there's more people working with you.
--

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 02:54:37 PM »
belial6, you seem to think that cause a text is copyrighted, you aren't allowed to sing it. That's wrong, check out the site that someone provided for you earlier. What you aren't allowed to do is make money off of it, or publish it without permission etc.

Your understanding of copyright is clearly wrong, sorry.
Read up about (c) and (tm) and then you'll understand why we are opposing you.

To the rest of you:
I'm not against old, abandoned games being put up on the net. The link that was provided in the original posting had fairly recent games, just a couple of years old and still on sale in many amiga shops, and the authors still active on either updates or new things..  and that, truly sucks. THAT was what I meant with the original posting. (I know I posted it for a friend - but this is my view on the matter.)
A sentence might have been edited out in the original post, that even named the games that was found there (I guess to make it harder to search on google or whatever)   but here's a quote from the original posting
-----
new apc-tcp games , and games like apanosin etc..
no wonder people is giving up with developing
-----
I hope this clears things up. I'm not after old applications/drivers/whatever..  I'm after the pirates that holds fairly new games. ApanoSin is a re-release of an old game, sure. But there has been additional work on it. Not sure exactly when it was released, but it wasn't that long ago.
--