Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 controller  (Read 6002 times)

Description:

Offline JKD

• Show all replies
Kenny,
   not sure why you are complaining...by all accounts the MK3 works just fine on your Peg 1. I have received support for my MK3 with the Peg2, simply by writing a nice email to Jens. (of course support is limited to MK3 and mdisk363)

For what it's worth, we have been doing some investigation as to why it does not work on Peg 2 (via the rather non-scientific testcatweasel program but still)....and have concluded that:

1. Either testcatweasel program is broken on pegasos 2
2. Pegasos 2 openfirmware changes somehow killed CW3.

We tried current OpenPCI (1.2? 1.4?) and beta version 2.0 on two different catweasel's (Jens had initially concluded that my hardware was broken...but I wasn't so convinced.)

If you could download the amiga catweasel disk and try the testcatweasel program on your Peg 1/MK3 and post the result here or PM me on amiga.org then that would be a step forward for us.

Program needs a non-write protected floppy in unit 0.

Sorry to be only slightly 'on-topic'

Regards,

Steve

FWIW The symptom on a Peg 2 with MK3 is that you can only read floppies and not write to them.

Also, Jens did not close the door to MorphOS support, it would just have to be someone he really trusts doing the dev work...and possibly under NDA. If he changed his mind after all the childish insults then shame on the trolls!