Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga in Your very cellphone  (Read 7043 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga in Your very cellphone
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »
I would love UAE on my mobile phone!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:39:05 PM »
Even though I'm a big iPhone fan I can't see the iPhone holding it's lead forever.  But Windows Mobile is horrible, most people can't figure out how to make it work, nut already there are programs you can run that take away most of the horrors of running it.

I would like to see three versions of UAE, one for iPhone, one for Windows Mobile and one for a Linux, possibly Android.

As somebody pointed out most phones are about as powerful as Sam (at a fraction of the price) so UAE and Classic Amiga stuff should be about as fast on a Mobile as they are on a Sam....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
My impressions come from running Windows Mobile 6.1 on an HTC Kaiser.  It sucks bigtime compared to iPhone, only a little script called iFonz made it tolerable.  It is a lot like MS Windows 3.11, it's like a desktop computer on a phone, you are forever using that idiotic stylus.  

It was only after the Kaiser experience that I understood why iPhone sells more than WM phones.

On a positve note. I haven't actually sold the Kaiser yet so I've been playing with Android on it (yes it does work - to a certain extent, I flashed it with a lighter rom and it boots directly into Android.  Sometimes for kicks I even put my SIM card into it and make a call or two...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »
I think UAE does have a decent chance of getting Amiga enthusiasts to use it on their phones.  Anyone else, forget about it.  But really who cares about anyone else?  We're a small group of people who want to have a foot in the '80s, what's wrong with that?  Does every iPhone or WM app have to sell 100,000 copies?  

Why can't we just enjoy Amiga without worrying about some prophesied second coming?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »
The mouse should be replaced by the touchscreen and the joystick by the accelerometer.  

I'm re-evaluating Windows Mobile, I discovered XDA-Developers and PPCWarez and between the two I've load a far more responsive ROM and lots of programs.  Windows Mobile is crap, the devices it runs on have definite possibilities, the key is to get rid of as much Microsoft crap as possible, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, etc just take up space on precious internal memory.

It's really no different than a PC, even Vista is usable if you take to it with the digital equivalent of a pick axe...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:18:17 AM »
Yep, the Kaiser has a 16GB card in it, but it's different, it shows up as /Storage Card and is different from internal memory, Opera needs to be in internal memory, much of the TouchFlo #D stuff needs to be in internal memory, Bill knows why, I haven't a clue.  Anyway, I may do away with Opera, since the Iris browser is just about usable (it's WebKit (from Apple) based) and has no problem running from /Storage Card.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
@DiskDoctor

It's 2009, nothing we do here is of any relevance to the current year, we're not here because of relevance.  I for one think it would be neat to have an Amiga emulator on a mobile.  It would be fun, that's enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]