Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two new µ-A1's models on the way  (Read 7352 times)

Description:

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
Re: Two new µ-A1's models on the way
« on: August 29, 2004, 02:26:23 AM »
My take on it from what I've gathered from what's been said in interviews and at shows, is it is aimed at kiosk uses and similar where a small sized low heat low maintenence computer is needed. Like all of the PC itx boards I've seen, these are not made to be computing power houses.
Personally, I'm looking forward to the CX.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 08:05:48 PM »
@Crumb
  He's not saying that Altivec is useless (Just alittle trollish, you ask!)
Anyway, He just stated that when Altivec is not used it is in most cases.
People have to remember that itx is not going to have the power of a desktop in something the size of your palm. It has it's place. I see it as more of a media center/kiosk/webtv kinda component.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 08:12:29 PM »
@PulsatingQuasar
  Bingo! Gold Star.
A DVR/media center kinda thing would be cool.. something better than a TIVO. Eyetech also stated that they queried their customer base, so I assume they have some industial customers lined up already.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 08:27:55 PM »
@Waccoon
Again, I don't see the point of making the board. Seems to me Eyetech is suffering from supply before demand. Who is their customer? Do their supposed customers really want a board built like this?

From the first paragraph of Eyetech's press release...
"We used the pre-production prototypes to gain feedback from a range of such potential customers to ensure that the specification and reliability of the µ-A1 met or exceeded their needs and therefore would ensure the commercial success of the product. That process is now complete."

Who are their customers? Don't know, Don't care, None of our business. Though you might see some of them posting here and , I don't know, maybe some in Asia. Alan Redhouse has taken a few business trips to China in the last couple of years. It' all speculation of course. Who their customers are, not really important. As long as they stay in business.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 01:38:51 AM »
@ Shades
  That would be the CX, which is going to be a Mini/Micro-ATX board. If you wish to discuss it, please start a topic in the forums.