Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64x sales top $10,000,000.00 claims Dammy  (Read 5995 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: C64x sales top $10,000,000.00 claims Dammy
« on: April 08, 2011, 05:40:48 PM »
Quote from: Valis;630138
http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/cgi/mbmessage.pl/amiga/189414.shtml

"This is not some 100 beta board scam that you have send a band wire to, this is in the tens of thousands of orders.

Dammy"

Posting this news I saw on another site that I thought was interesting, but don't like to post there because of the negativity.  

Is this true?  There was some calculations as far as cost putting these 10,000s of orders in the $10,000,000.00 range.  

The one good question that was being asked was, if companies were buying these in such large quantities then why are they not for sell anywhere?   Has anyone seen C64x computers for sale at any other place other then the CUSA website?  Where did all these 10,000s of computers go to?
well... for starters, remember that CUSA is launching this in big-box retail outlet(s) next month.  the initial order(s) for that alone would be in the thousands.  couple that with press coverage from the guardian, the new york times, the LA times, engadget, el reg, and the like, and it's not too hard to conclude that orders in the 'thousands' is merely the beginning.

wait 'til the TV campaign starts up.

i always thought the C64x would be a huge seller; not interested in the 'amiga' kit coming, but, heh, doesn't bother me terribly.  the bottom line is that, for the moment, CUSA looks to be a hugely successful endeavor. congrats to them.

now on to the X1000 -- which is what i'm actually interested in. :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."