Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Altman and Commodore USA  (Read 65077 times)

Description:

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show all replies
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »
Hi guys!

A long time lurker and a commodore/amiga user back in the days...

Iggy, thanks for the info I registered only to thank you for doing the right stuff while others seem more bent on calling him names you did what was right to do.

IMHO, this is THE ONLY way of bringing Amiga and Commodore back into mainstream. And mainstream is where money is. Nobody is going to invest in a market for several thousand users.

I will GLADLY buy a commodore machine if it is a quality product. I mean, why not? People already pay more money for brands like MSI, ASUS, ACER... If they(Commodore) can come up with a interesting design that can rival those products I'll give them my money.  I am not a hard core Amigan and therefore I always knew that Hyperion was fundamentally wrong. They really outdid themselves with this X1000 stuff, an obviously overexpensive product which has nowhere to go. This is the only way forward.

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show all replies
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »
Quote from: skurk;577492
I'm sorry (and please don't take this as a personal attack) but why would anyone buy a PC just because the case looks special?  I don't give a flying puck what my computer looks like.  Hell, if my A600 was mounted in a beige PC tower I'd still use it.  It's the interior that interest me, not the exterior.

I didn't say I'd be interested in a PC64. I already have a C64. That said, if it is a good product and I feel I could use it, then maybe yes.

But primarily, I'd be interested in a laptop/netbook. Seeing they have a license on AIO format, a laptop is possible and probably in their plans.

A nicely done aluminium case with a few retro details and a nice screen and I'm sold. I'd be willing to pay above average prices if the product meets above average quality.

P.S. A lot of people buy "just a PC" when it comes with a nice case. Even MORE people buy "just a PC" when it comes with a nice case and a recognizable name.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:24:00 AM by WolfToTheMoon »