Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)  (Read 10217 times)

Description:

Offline HMetal

• Show all replies
@mips_proc

Don't waste your time, it'll never happen.  That's not part of "the plan".  I know of a thread here that explains it, if you like obscure, pointless Greek stories. :lol:

Hint: do a forums search for "Greek" :-)
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline HMetal

• Show all replies
Re: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 11:22:43 PM »
@Wayne

"The plan" I was referring to was the blatant advertisting and propaganda (or hijacking if you will) that certain individuals like to use all over topics where it is not only unsolicited but just plain ignorant (to the poster).

You recently locked/ended a thread that exhibits this "phenomena" quite sufficiently (the AmigaOS on Mac thread).

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot where they advertise but there comes a point where it gets to be too much for your visitors when they can't ask an targeted question without someone coming in and tooting their horn, completely off-topic (and yes, I'm purposely not mentioning names -- they know who they are and so do you).

You asked, there it is.  I've said my piece and I'm now done with the topic. It's your site and only your policy will decide what kind of visitor you want, or if you want all the visitors you can get.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline HMetal

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 11:29:24 PM »
@bhoggett

I hope you weren't referring to me as a troll.  I have never trolled here and don't plan on it.  I an seriously concerned about the site.  Wayne and I, though we may disagree on some things here and there, have been friendly for quite some time.

In fact, you'll notice that I really haven't said much here about this whole split, until it started to affect the visitors to the site and their exodus.

P.S. It is the same thing your 2nd paragraph describes that is the base for my concern, and that concern goes both ways, even if the situation were reversed with the (as you call it) "red trolls" doing the "registration of presence."
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline HMetal

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 11:42:09 PM »
@mips_proc

I wouldn't believe a lick of it unless it actually happened.  This information, as Wayne tells me,  came from a third party who was speaking out of turn.  It could be as simple as a very context-related suggestion or spitballing by someone that turned into something more.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline HMetal

• Show all replies
Re: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 10:16:21 PM »
@T_Bone

Even though this isn't a present issue and you guys are dragging this so far into the mud that you're just making it worse and apt to turn into yet another red vs. blue flame-fest, I need to make a correction and have you look at some recent cases; one in particular..

Have a look at "World Wrestling Federation v. World Wildlife Fund".  While the case was about a brand across the board, it also included websites & domain names.

..I mention this only for informational background, not as any sort of threat or confirmation of action.  I'm a WWF fan so that's the only reason I know the case well.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal