Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Amiga Mini  (Read 43104 times)

Description:

Offline VuData

• Show only replies by VuData
Re: Commodore Amiga Mini
« Reply #164 from previous page: December 26, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »
I've noticed that people seemed willing to pay a reasonable premium for the Commodore Gaming cases / mouse mats that appeared on Amibay (and a well known auction site) a while ago.

CUSA obviously have some contacts in manufacturing, why don't they just sell Commodore / Amiga branded cases and accessories?

Just price them right (appears to be a bit of a problem), lose the crap website (an ebay store is a probably a better option), stop pretending to have anything to do with Commodore / Amiga of the past and resist the urge to brand anything and everything (like the Tullip Commodore branded CD storage towers).

I'd love to be able to buy a commodore branded case, keyboard, mouse & mousemat and would easily pay a premium. An FPGAArcade in on of those Amiga mini cases would be sweet.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
Everyone knew that the only more stupid thing to do than launching into the desktop market would have been to launch into the netbook market.  The Commodore name had some retro street cred of course, which made it natural to launch into a shrinking saturated market, but the name now becomes a liability when considering the phone or tablet market.  

I really thought they'd last two years after they started selling product, so I guess that makes me an optimist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
Quote from: VuData;720338
I'd love to be able to buy a commodore branded case, keyboard, mouse & mousemat and would easily pay a premium. An FPGAArcade in on of those Amiga mini cases would be sweet.

We told them that over a year ago.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.