Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?  (Read 2482 times)

Description:

Offline Thomas

Re: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
Quote from: JuvUK;204970
Hi all
  I am trying to access my pc from my amiga, the amiga is online can pings the pc and the pc can ping the amiga, but i cant get amiga explorer to find the amiga drive , i have tried turning off all firewalls but i still get the message "there has been a conflict accessing the amiga explorer resources".
 anyone got any ideas?
  thanks Juv.U.K

If you run Genesis on the Amiga, open the Genesis window and check the log. If it says something like "access from to port denied", then open the settings window, go to access filter and and add a rule which allows access to that port. IIRC it is port 356. Alternatively you can remove the rule which forbids access to all unknown ports.

The same applies to AmiTCP with the difference that it does not have a log, so you have to guess what might be wrong.

Note that AExplorer does not work with AmiTCP V3 and below.

Offline Thomas

Re: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
Quote from: MelbourneBen;648366
Hi All,
the doco talks about setting the password on the Amiga side however I can't find where this is set? Can anyone give me a clue?

To change AExplorer settings, open the icon information and check the tooltypes.

If you run AExplorer from the shell, the icon is ignored and you need to write every non-default settings into the command line.