Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?  (Read 2476 times)

Description:

Offline MelbourneBen

• Show all replies
Re: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:21:51 AM »
Hi All,

I got Amiga Explorer working over serial which I used to transfer across amitcp and pcmcia wireless card drivers etc, my A1200 is now connected to my LAN.

Now I would like to use Amiga Explorer to transfer more files but over IP rather than serial...the doco talks about setting the password on the Amiga side however I can't find where this is set? Can anyone give me a clue?

Everything else seems ok...i.e. I can use telnet on the AE port (365 from memory) and can see that my miggy is listening for connections.

Eventually I will get my main linux box setup as a samba server but in the mean time getting AE setup over IP will be good.

Thanks

Ben
Amiga 500 user

Offline MelbourneBen

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
Thanks Thomas, will give that a try.
Amiga 500 user

Offline MelbourneBen

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:08:48 AM »
Still havent been able to get this to work...I've done a bit more research and I think it may be due to the version of amitcp I'm using...I currently use 3.02b and apparently amiga explorer requires amitcp 4 as it requires asycronous socket support which v3.02b doesn't have.

I may try and install the full version of amitcp 4 if I can get hold of it...but will more than likely get a samba client configured.
Amiga 500 user