Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Madrake Linux on Amiga ONE?  (Read 1934 times)

Description:

Offline mbillaTopic starter

• Show all replies
Madrake Linux on Amiga ONE?
« on: March 20, 2003, 08:19:43 AM »
Hi
Has anybody got Madrake PPC Linux running on the Amiga ONE?

Why MAdrake? Well compared to the otehr Linuxes it's a charm to install and has many options and features. And I'm used to it. And it's got 2500 programms to play with :-)

• Show all replies
Re: Madrake Linux on Amiga ONE?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 11:54:07 AM »
So until someone takes the time to fix Mandrake, installing it will NOT be a cakewalk in a fishy park-salad. As it were.

Is there not a German programmer who ported over the PPC MAC installers for all LINUXes (Mandrake too) for PPC cards for the AMIGA?

Have you tried Debian? As a Debian user I kinda feel 2500 programs sounds a bit small

I thought DEBIAN wasn't up too date with all the libraries as is SUSE or Mandrake.
2500 progs is user progs not progs concerning LINUX.
I have bought Mandrake for my Wifes PC which has StarOFFICE and OpenOffice (Debian and RED HAT  too) included. Oh yes there's also this Mega big DB from IBM.
Bye Manou

• Show all replies
Re: Madrake Linux on Amiga ONE?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 05:14:02 PM »
I think the Mandrake LINUX will continue to be developed: Mandrake as a company is in bankruptcy protection for now, but sales are OK and they do even make money.

On the other hand Mandrake doesn't do the port to Amiga PPC as wont do SUSE, RED HAT, DEBIAN etc.
They just do a PPC port for the MAC but SUSE already gave up on this one. Mandrake 9.1 can be preordered now.
They do have a PPC version. Only the installer needs to be adapted to the AMIGA.
Someone in Germany did so.