Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TeamAROS Bounty: Installer Mk2 Phase I Beta Released  (Read 1917 times)

Description:

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
Re: TeamAROS Bounty: Installer Mk2 Phase I Beta Released
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
I'd rather see an integrated UAE, just to double click to play some good nice games, but an integrated UAE means AFAIK more than just easy gaming, the UAE (ie the emulator) should catch certain emulated OS calls and redirect to host OS functions, which would allow an app running under the emulated Amiga(OS) to communicate with AROS as if it was executing directly under AROS.
Sure this would make it considerably slower than a virtual 68K with a JIT compiler, but on the other hand the UAE solution gives you everyhing runnable under the Amiga and not just a few apps, float myCents = 0.000001;.
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
Agree! :-)
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 02:00:38 PM »

LoadWB wrote:

Einstein wrote:
I'd rather see an integrated UAE, just to double click to play some good nice games, but an integrated UAE means AFAIK more than just easy gaming, the UAE (ie the emulator) should catch certain emulated OS calls and redirect to host OS functions, which would allow an app running under the emulated Amiga(OS) to communicate with AROS as if it was executing directly under AROS.

Essentially, VirtualAmiga.  I believe this is how VirtualPC works when hosting a Windows OS, though it doesn't have to emulate the x86 processor like AROS would have to emulate the 68k.

Well once upon a time I tried to try ( :-D ) VirtualPC, didn't work, think it because of this Windows of mine that cracked up when I tried to install some alien fonts, done everything to clean up, no result, one day I should just reinstall the crap.

Anyway I was thinking, when Integrated UAE comes along, wouldn't it be good to have some good memory protection in AROS to make it alot more stable ?, I mean the integrated UAE (more precisely, the kickstart replacement) would be the whole 3.1 (maybe among other versions) environment, why not rewrite parts of AROS to make it behave better (more stable) ? and as usual: float myCents = 0.000001;.
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »

dammy wrote:

Wait for AROS64 to be released.  :-D Initial kernel is kinda quick and dirty in order to get the rest of the core OS ported/tested.  Once that is completed, Dr. Schulz is going back for major remake of the AROS64 kernel to bring it up to modern standards.

Dammy
TeamAROS

Well, I truely hope so, nothing tickles me as much as MP-AROS + I-UAE, I would instantly get any officially supported (mini-)laptop to have that wonderful OS experience once those two are implemented.  :popcorn:
I have spoken !