Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Amiga Mini  (Read 44512 times)

Description:

Offline Edpon

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore Amiga Mini
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
Hey all,

Been awhile since I last posted. I noticed you guys had a Commodore Amiga Mini topic thread, so this fits in just fine. Check out the 1st of 3 videos I posted on YouTube about the mini. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Lf_Auls_g

Ed
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500
CommodoreUSA Amiga Mini i3

Offline Edpon

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;698081
Oh Jesus, somebody bought one? Don't encourage them!

Yeah, for multiple reasons. Looked like nice small factor computer with Commodore OS Fusion (Yes, that's what I have pre-installed, not Vision), so I can check out a very cool looking, retro computer - in software. I can also dual boot this thing to be a Win7 64Bit machine and even AROS. So many possibilities. And contrary to popular belief, it's not a $2500+ machine. Mine Was $1500. And before someone goes off on a soapbox and say - You could have bought a XXXXXX for that much, remember something: ALL Amigas now are hobby computers, so if you pay $10,000 or as little as $100, it's your choice. Mine has dual use, so it's like getting 2 or more computers in one. Just saying. . . .
Anyhow, it's meant as a service to anyone who's interested in the machine, as well as, to show that it does exist. If anyone has questions about it, fire away. If you'd like to request to see something in my video, planned for filming this weekend, and it has to do with setup, looking physicaly at the computer, prodding with the OS, let me know. Thanks all.

Ed
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500

Offline Edpon

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 05:11:31 AM »
All,

My 2nd video on the Commodore Amiga Mini (Setup) is now live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_fuf2WS5LM&feature=youtu.be

Ed
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500

Offline Edpon

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;698726
Looks okay.  But seems slooooowww!

That's probably because it was the 1st time it was setup. Since I'm also interested in seeing Amiga (Traditional Amiga) flurish, I'll be the one to donate to the AROS team IF I use it on my Mini. That would be the right thing to do and help them develop more software and cover their costs for the work provided. Thanks all, please offer suggestions on what you'd like to see in the next video.

Ed
;)
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500

Offline Edpon

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
@Optimus

Excellent links and research. I'll bring this up in the next video, and no I don't necessarily "Feel" better, but at least you did your homework and showed where I could have built roughly the same computer for less. It's ok though, because as I've said in previous forums, I'LL be the guinea pig for all of you, to see if this computer is worth getting, if it lives up to the sacred Amiga name (I'll tell you all honestly in the video after I've researched the OS) and if it's a good multi-OS machine. I can kind of understand now why some of you hate CUSA, but like I said in the video, I'll give any company a chance to they screw me over. No buying this machine at a nice sized profit is not screwing me over - that was my fault for not doing research and simply wanting to buy a different flavored "Amiga" machine. Thanks.

Ed
;)
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500

Offline Edpon

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »
All,

After a long wait to make the final (3rd in the series video) of the Commodore USA Amiga Mini, I've decided not to make a video or even entertain the thought of showing what "was" once a computer branded by Commodore USA as an Amiga alternative. My original thought was to show all possibilities of Amigas available, whether we thought of them as true Amigas or not, and to offer people an insight into what is available and for YOU to make up your mind. Now that these guys no longer (as of 27 Nov 12) offer Amigas of any flavor, I see no reason to make a video to show off what you could have bought/made yourself. Thanks.

P.S. - I enjoyed my AmigaOne 500 Plus a lot more anyhow.

Ed
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500