Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Modern Amiga Gaming (Don't think so!)  (Read 2638 times)

Description:

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
Re: Modern Amiga Gaming (Don't think so!)
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 10, 2003, 01:47:31 PM »
Wasn't Worms Armageddon supposed to be ported to Amiga? Whatever happened to it? I wonna kill some worms! Well it ain't that bad, i have Worms DC!

I think that the current Amiga gaming market is bad, almost like the Amiga has been on a life support machine for the past century. But hail to the "bedroom programmers"! Who have given us the likes of Quake, Doom, Heretic 2, Wipeout 2097, etc. At least maybe we have some hope in the future.
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline Calen

• Show only replies by Calen
Re: Modern Amiga Gaming (Don't think so!)
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2003, 03:23:56 PM »
bloodline:
But there is no palce in the market for 2D games anymore

Indeed, but in one of the biggest gaming markets today,  2D is it's primary source. that being the GBA.
OK we put that down to hardware limitation but some 3D games are starting to show on that plaform but its not what it does best,  80% of it games seem to be 2D and most are great fun.
 2D i have always loved and i fear when the new handhelds show there faces over the next 2 years, 2D will die as they will have the raw power to make 3D games and 2D wont be such the high priority.

Gfx almost rule over everything in todays PC market, you have a shelf at your local shop with 10 of the latest games, 9 being FPS with the latest support for your 300UKP gfx card  and 1 game if your very lucky being a 2D platformer, we can almost guess which will suck in sales because it doesnt look as cool  from the pics on the back of the box because its not 3D in some respect.