Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The GP2X thread  (Read 2077 times)

Description:

Offline CaptChaos

• Show all replies
Re: The GP2X thread
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:06:02 AM »
I have a gp2x, actually I have two, a first edition from craigix and an f200 from play asia.

UAE4ALL is missing a couple of features that would really make it kick arse but it seems its not to be. Still decent speed and sound make it very usable.

UAE2X was abandoned when the dev jumped ship and joined the PSPUAE team.

Offline CaptChaos

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:51:29 AM »
UAE2X is abanondoned afaik. That was the one started by the Turkish guy Gn0stic.

Notaz' cyclone addition was done to UAE4ALL (Chui+Critical) in August last year, over 6 months ago and he has made it quite clear he wants nothing more to do with it. And although it improved speed a lot it hardly doubled it.  

The new guy Noldor added some nice gui and control tweaks in December but has since vanished.

Full credit to any dev that touches the amiga emulators though even the mighty Squidge threw his hands up and gave up on his early e-uae port. I can't code myself but I can imagine what a cluster**** it must be.

I have been around the gp32/gp2x scene for a while craig and Amiga emulation has always been "the dream" for me. Hopefully the pandora can pull it off because it doesnt look like UAE4ALL will be progressing any more.

Offline CaptChaos

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »
Processor is not faster on the f200, its the exact same processor so you may or may not get lucky with one that overclocks higher. My first edition F100 does 279mHz but my f200 doesnt like anything over 260mHz. It's pot luck really.