Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

aMozilla
aMozilla
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Screenshot of aMozilla when it was still in development back in 1998
Picture Stats:
Views: 6815
Filesize: 26.9kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: lorddef at May 21, 2003, 11:56:44 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (16)

colinstu
February 24, 2006, 04:13:35 AM
What do you mean cut and paste? Take a picture of Netscape on windows and paste it on an Amiga widget?

Go here , scroll to the "Missing, feared dead" section. The second browser is aMozzila. There is also a link to evolt, it there?

AmiZilla is making a mozzila for amiga.

(just a funny picture)
HopperJF
June 01, 2004, 03:27:08 PM
its very fake
the fonts on the icons are MS Sans Serif, the standard Windows font, with bits of helvetica in other places
SilvrDrgn
February 18, 2004, 04:36:34 PM
AFAIK one of the MUI classes adds this functionality, I remember Voyager supporting this feature.

Correct.  MUI can react to the mouse simply being over the top of the button.  Voyager does this, and I believe I have a couple of other MUI apps that do it, too.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the MUI class name that makes it happen.
mikeymike
February 04, 2004, 05:13:28 PM
This was a *VERY* early version of Mozilla, talking Milestone 2 at best.

Milestone 2 looked nothing like that.  A consistent GUI wasn't brought to Mozilla until much later, IIRC milestone 18, or when Mozilla started using version numbers rather than milestones, and even then, the first GUI looked nothing like that :-)

I can't find a screenshot of early versions of Seamonkey, but the very first look looked a bit like if you get netscape 4, switch off personal toolbar, turn the buttons into text-only, and lose the grippies, that's about it.  Plus the throbber was a very cheap drawing of a nessie-looking dragon :-)

After that was a very flat, very dark blue look.  After that was Modern and Classic released at the same time, but with Modern as the default.

That's the way it's been ever since, plus or minor a few aesthetic tweaks.
System
January 25, 2004, 09:19:00 PM
You can't, Downix is talking ####, again :)

There was a renderer test (NGLayout, not Gecko) floating around once, but that was a LONG time ago.

No buttons, no nothing, just rendering some HTML to a plain window, and no better than Netscape 4.x

No browsers, no nothing.

Porting the new Mozilla stuff to the Amiga is still a task of a few years. Even more when you consider the only people excited and motivated enough to even consider it are complete retards. All the real browser authors discounted the idea a long time past.

You'd have a better start with KHTML - but remember, when Apple made Safari, they cheated and had an X11 server on Darwin to start with, and a Unix base that the Amiga does not. They also have a buttload of functionality in MacOS X that you just cannot have under AmigaOS plain.
Crumb
January 18, 2004, 09:54:24 PM
@Downix:
where can I download that early version?
mantisspider
November 30, 2003, 04:29:46 AM
why did this development stop? is there no amiga version of the latest mozilla firebird? surely this would be in AmigaInc Hyperions interest given all the addons and tools that are available for mozilla?
that_punk_guy
September 25, 2003, 12:32:55 AM
I think Mozilla has its own gadget rendering?
Oldsmobile_Mike
September 08, 2003, 02:36:04 AM
Note also, that the button is reacting to the mouse being over it, Idon't think that even MUI supports the... I could be wrong.

AFAIK one of the MUI classes adds this functionality, I remember Voyager supporting this feature.

Mike
xeron
August 04, 2003, 04:57:43 PM
Its a fake. According to the website this image is from:

We followed the aMozilla crew for a while (congratulations guyz!) and decided to help on the interface. We developed an interface for Netscape 5.x (aMozilla) which looks a lot like the original Netscape 4.x/5.x. This concept can also be build out of standard Amiga(MUI) GUI-Objects.

Note it says "this concept", then goes on to tell how it can be built out of standard Amiga GUI objects. They may well have even coded something that displays this, but i seriously doubt it was actually attached to Mozillas rendering engine.
bloodline
August 01, 2003, 03:02:36 PM
It's a cut and paste job.

Note the wrong mouse pointer... :(

Note also, that the button is reacting to the mouse being over it, Idon't think that even MUI supports the... I could be wrong.
downix
May 24, 2003, 05:53:40 AM
This was a *VERY* early version of Mozilla, talking Milestone 2 at
best.

Unstable as all hell, and not at all useful as it is still using Motif
to work.
Vincent
May 22, 2003, 11:21:55 PM
How about releasing a beta timed demo of it, that'd put all the doubt to rest.
lorddef
May 22, 2003, 04:25:43 PM
Yeh, I suspected the same before I posted it, but I think it is for real.  Images came from here.
System
May 22, 2003, 11:06:45 AM
looks like a cut and paste job to me.
alx
May 22, 2003, 09:30:42 AM
How usable was this version?