Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old Hard Drive Set Up  (Read 4295 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Old Hard Drive Set Up
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:40:07 PM »
You've somehow managed to trash the contents of the HD, hence the DH0:NDOS... (most likely the RDB)... :(

You'll need HDtoolbox or HDinstalltools from your Workbench disks (if you have them). Best thing to do would be to firstly try reinstalling the RDB with HDInstalltools and see if you can get it working from there, that way you may be able to recover some data/files that you may already have on the HD.

Failing that it looks like you'll need to do a complete repartitioning and quick format of the HD using HDtoolbox and then re-install Workbench 3.x, but this will lose any data/files you may have on the HD that you might be wanting to try and recover... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:32:11 AM »
Quote from: Tension;597490
What made you sit in the cupboard for so long?.

:lol: :roflmao: :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:04:10 AM »
I always find it strange how other folks HDs wear out/break. I've never in 25 years had one Amiga HD go wrong... :)

My oldest one that I kept until about 18 months ago was from my old A1500 and was still fully working, until I decided to rip it apart to get the little ball bearing hub from the disks platter to build a super smooth non squeeky hamster wheel, work a treat so it does... :)

Your pet hamster can run all night long to it's hearts content without so much as a squeek... :)