Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10938 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »

WE ALL ARE EITHER AMIGA NUTS AND WANT NEW STUFF FROM THESE TWO MASSIVE COMPANIES, OR WE DONT. IF you dont, then dont bother doing anything AMIGA. Thats what I say.

I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of Amiga users who are happy with their old Amigas and not interested in the new stuff.

Besides, overall, I still think we should have the email listings, and to do it this year, before April even, or May, or sooner the better.

Try Team Amiga mailing list. Post yuor thoughts there and ask what Dave Haynie thinks about it (he is active regular on Team Amiga).

Team Amiga
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »

Lots of promises were kept -- delayed perhaps, but kept. We were promised PCI. Delivered. Promised drivers for PCI cards. Delivered. Promised USB. Delivered. Promised PPC. Delivered. Promised OS3.5. Delivered. 3.9? Delivered. Bug fixes (bb1 and 2). Delivered. Promised G4/G5 acceleration + AGP. We'll see.

They have nothing to do with Amiga Inc. PCI busboards, USB, PPC accelerators and all other hardware was done by other companies. 3.5 and 3.9 was not developed by Amiga Inc but under license by Haage & Partner.

Amiga Inc did nothing else except made party pack promises where AmigaDE SDK purchaser gets $50 discount from OS4. Or something like that, nobody remembers it anymore and new Amiga Inc is not going to honour promised discounts of old Amiga Inc.

If you look into history you will find out that Amiga Inc was sold to KMOS few years ago and KMOS later on renamed themselves to Amiga Inc.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook