Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10928 times)

Description:

Offline mr_a500

• Show all replies
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »
@Starke

Do you actually own an Amiga? I can see from your earlier posts that you don't. So... you bought an emulator, then decided to come to an Amiga forum and insult REAL Amiga users - many of whom were using Amigas when you were just a toddler - and tell them to blindly support a company you know nothing about. You call one person a "PC man" and say you hate Bill Gates, but what computer did you use to post that? Windows? I assume so, since the AmigaForever/WinUAE that you bought is for Windows.

(I used an Amiga to post this)

Offline mr_a500

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:03:45 PM »
Mr_500, pleae dont insult me, I have a 1000 amiga.
I have a friend who has a commodore 64
I have 1345 big ass disks for my big ass floppy drives, external for the Amiga 1000. Ive had it since I was a kid, as dadio was into Amigas.

Well I must have been confused by your post:
"Still, Ive only been back in the game a week and 3 days, and Ive learnt heaps.
Im not twiddling, Ive got a 64, with various Amiga parts connected to it. I know, it takes the large disks nd all, but there are still some games I play on it.
But I dont see a point for me getting an Amiga system right now..."

Wait, I'm still a little unsure. Is it you or your friend that has the C64? Are the large floppy disks for your C64 or for your Amiga 1000? If you really do have an Amiga 1000, then I'm happy for you. (you're still using Windows, though - I'm not)

I hope you realize that Amiga Inc. is totally unrelated to anything that made Amiga great in the first place. It's just a name that has been purchased by somebody.

Example: Imagine that you like Macs. Apple Inc. then has major financial difficulties, goes bankrupt and after many years is bought out by Bill Gates. All staff have left. Some new people are hired part-time. After many more years a substandard beta OS is released for expensive old hardware with no software applications and only poorly emulated support for old software. Would you say, "Support Apple Inc.! Get out there and tell everybody about it!!!11"? Personally, I'd rather play with an old Mac.

Offline mr_a500

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
Imagine? I thought thats what happened actually happened?

No, he didn't buy Apple, just made a small investment. I meant if Apple went completely bankrupt and was completely  bought out. (I'll edit it)