Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: more Vampire news!  (Read 821 times)

Description:

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
Re: more Vampire news!
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
SAGA is the graphics architecture developed by the Apollo team. It will provide new screen modes and other features for Vampire 2 equipped Amigas via the digital video output connector on the Vampire 2. To take advantage of these new features suitable drivers/software such as a P96 driver will be needed.

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 02:34:15 PM »
Quote from: polyp2000;803132
SAGA? Super AGA ?

Are there still any reasons left to wait for an A1200  version?
A1200+Vampire2 will have some small advantages. Full keyboard, easy installation in trapdoor (clipping a board on top of the A600 CPU is the only way to accelerate it and it's hardly an ideal way to upgrade a computer) allowing quick access to the microSD card slot. Rear expansion allows Vampire video to be got from the Amiga 1200 without modifying the motherboard or case with a suitable back door. The V1200 design isn't out yet so it may have improvements over the V600.

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:06:53 AM »
Apolla team are negotiating with the Picasso96 guys, as soon as an agreement is reached the outcome will be disclosed. This should be very soon.

Sorry I don't know when full SAGA will be available. I think you are correct that it will take over on power up but I can't swear to it.