Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 18410 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« on: October 20, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
Just want to say thanks to everybody for their show of support here. Well, before it turned into a gun-control debate, anyway. You guys are the best :)

Quote from: Linde;749975
What exactly did you ban him for?
The heinous act that was apparently the tipping point was that after J-Golden made his "no more Mr. Nice Guy" speech, I sent him a politely-worded PM clarifying my stance (re: threads showing up in New Posts not being the same as having to go looking for them because New Posts is core forum functionality) and assuring that I had said my piece in the thread at issue and wasn't "not letting up" as he thought.

So I guess the moral of the story is, whatever you do, don't clarify misunderstandings, don't try to de-escalate conflict/make peace, don't be polite, and don't be private where it's appropriate. Apparently you get banned for that sort of thing. And made an example of in your very own dedicated thread.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:12 PM »
You're welcome.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup