Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TeamAROS Bounty #23 AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM  (Read 11811 times)

Description:

Offline Dan

• Show all replies
Re: TeamAROS Bounty #23 AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM
« on: December 31, 2004, 12:12:50 AM »

DFergATL wrote:
I don't know that I can answer all the questions but I am the one who started the bounty.

The idea is port the existing Aros "kickstart", or whatever Aros calls there version, to be able to boot in UAE.

I could not answer exactly what verion of the 68k processor.  It should be the most compatable without being overkill.  

I think the best aim would be similar to a "clean" A1200, Kickstart 3.1, 020, AGA?
The goal is to get the 68k-version of AROS going for running "old" systemfriendly 68k amiga-programs in AROS-UAE without having to get a copy of Kickstart and Workbench from somewhere else, right?
Whats needed for that I have no idea about really.
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!

Offline Dan

• Show all replies
Re: TeamAROS Bounty #23 AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 11:00:28 PM »

mdma wrote:
Speaking for myself, I would be happy just to have a rom replacement that can boot UAE into a 68k compiled AROS.  As you say, 100% compatibility is impractical, and I don't think it's even neccessary.

Agreed!
AROS was supposed to be binary-compatible to WB3.1 on 68k but has anyone tried it, I mean AROS hosted on 68k-Linux will it run amiga-programs?
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!