Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: texteditor.gadget  (Read 936 times)

Description:

Offline ShawnBaxeTopic starter

• Show only replies by ShawnBaxe
texteditor.gadget
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:37:15 PM »
I've decided to develop a texteditor for developers as a "warm up" for me to re-learn development on AmigaOS 3.5/3.9. Is there any way to remove that ugly bevel around the inputarea of texteditor.gadget? And is texteditor.gadget capable of syntax-coloring in any way? or is there any other boopsi gadget out there to do the job?
When the editor is beta, I'll make it open source - I think a texteditor could become better if the whole community is able to contribute some code/graphics... :)

Offline D00kie

• Show only replies by D00kie
    • http://www.tigger1.demon.co.uk
Re: texteditor.gadget
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 06:29:15 PM »
Hi Shawn,

The only way I can figure to change the text colour is to embed escape sequences in the actual text.

To change some of the attributes of the graphics, you can try finding out what the parent class of the object is and seeing if there are attributes that you can use when you create the object. For instance, you could apply some of the attributes in GADGETCLASS.h

Hopefully you find this helpful! I'm not the GUI master and more the type that just wants the job done and wrapped in brown paper and sisal twine.

-Dook
Haiku is a joke
What a waste of freaking time
I have eggs to suck