Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amithlon & GFX-cards: any advice?  (Read 14390 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon & GFX-cards: any advice?
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
Just copy the kernel to your boot partition and edit the amithlon/small boot files and replace "bzimage" with the name of you new kernel. Make sure your grub or whatever youre using is then told to use new the new script.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
Sorry, I was going by memory before and was a little wrong.

kern310 init=/linuxrc console_level=0 root=/dev/ram0 initrd=smallird.gz vga=769 ramdisk_size=2310 leavepages=6000

The above should be fine. Just save it as whatever name you like. I called it "test". To load I then just use isolinux loadlin @test. (well actually I have it in my autoexec.bat file). This may be different depending on how you have things setup, but should hopefully enough information for you to work it out :)

Replace kern310 for kernel4 if that's what youre using.

Feel free to ask for help if you need it :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:04:36 PM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »
I dont actually use either small or amithlon. Theyre just small scripts that are called with loadlin. "Loadlin @small" for example will use the script "small". The script "small" tells loadlin what to use.

If you notice the start of the line I showed you is exactly the same apart from emubox.gz being replaced with kern310 (plus I added a little to the leavepages number at the end.)

Make sure youve copied kernel 3.10 to the same place you have emubox.gz and that the start of the script line is the same as the actual name of the kernel (ie. if youve just copied my line make sure kernel 3.10 is called kern310 (or change accordingly).
To use kernel4 just replace the start of the script with the name of kernel4.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
Im not sure what else to suggest sorry. What Ive described is how Ive set things up and it works nicely for me.

This is what Ive done:

Made small system formatted fat partition (format c:/s). Copied the contents of isolinux from amithlon cd to that partition. Copied new kernel to isolinux folder. Editted script named "small" exactly as I showed you earlier and saved it as "test". (make sure "crusoe" isnt at the end). Created autioexec.bat file that contains:

cd c:\isolinx
loadlin @test

That's all there is to it.