Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First Natami MX boards produced  (Read 25698 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: First Natami MX boards produced
« on: February 13, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
Possibility that this board may find itself in an official Commodore Amiga machine from Iran is VERY high! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;615581
Over paper sounds good but need software, thats the difficult part.

It's compatible with KS/WB 1.x to 3.9 and all hardware banging and OS friendly software.

What more do you want?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:22:01 PM »
Quote from: DaNi;615589
and... have real amiga compatible rom or uses openfirmware?
N68050 is a real cpu or what?

is pretty a new classic amiga remake this natami :)

Any 68k Kickstart ROM AFAIK.

The 68050 is an FPGA implementation of a fast 68k.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Quote from: runequester;615675
yeah, its the same reason everybody got rid of their harleys and replaced them with korean scooters.

I wonder how often he upgrades to a new wife? ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
I wonder if either the MorphOS Team or Hyperion are going to backport their OS's to the Natami?

Whichever gets there first (AROS, MorphOS, Hyperion OS4) could become the new defacto standard for 68k Amiga OS. :D

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;615830
Since both OS4 and MorphOS are PPC only they will never be "back ported" to the Natami board.  AROS 68k is very probably though, but I think AmigaOS3.1 to 3.9 will be used by most people on the Natami when it is first released.

Both OS4 and MorphOS are written mostly in C AFAIK.
The work required to port either to 68k would be considerably less than a port to x86.