Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion: Ben Hermans no longer corporate director  (Read 9054 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Ben Hermanns seems to have resigned from Hyperion!
« on: January 22, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
So when is A-Eon going to acquire Hyperion? ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 11:11:29 PM »
Quote from: spudje;820418
As kamelito said, it only states that Ben is no longer director. It's not clear from the statement whether he demoted or totally left the company.

If he's no longer an "owner" of the company it might make it easier to fire him for incompetence now. That's assuming he still works there.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;820513
AFAIK, he never was an owner.

sed -e s/"owner"/shareholder

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
Quote from: IanP;820558
A-Eon have acquired rights to quite a few bits of software but don't AFAIK have a habit of acquiring the companies that previously held the rights. Hyperion have rights to develop AmigaOS but can they sell those rights or are they legally bound to the company? I believe Hyperion contract out all the development rather than having software developers permanently on staff, a model that A-Eon is also using for it's acquisitions. It does seem crazy that A-Eon is at the mercy of Hyperion and their contracted devs for an OS to get the best out of their hardware, an OS that has only seen a 0.1 version increment in over a decade.

I'm far from an expert on these matters but I think there might be ways around it "reverse mergers" or whatever you call them etc.