Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attacking my first idea as a scam...  (Read 8205 times)

Description:

Offline Calimeiro

• Show only replies by Calimeiro
Re: Attacking my first idea as a scam...
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;764293
You do realize you're posting on an Amiga forum, right?

So what's your point? That this forum is for 8-bit machines using 5.25" discs or cartridges?

Offline Calimeiro

• Show only replies by Calimeiro
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
What Duce said, ...

plus, the only capability of yours is to wait for money. There is no line of code, no skills in electronic showing up. Thus, starting a new campaign, new idea for fund raising will move you back in to the same corner you've been in "under attack".
No progress, not even mentally.

Wake up.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 02:53:11 PM »
Quote from: Calimeiro;764300
So what's your point? That this forum is for 8-bit machines using 5.25" discs or cartridges?
My point is that arguing that nobody likes old computers on a forum dedicated to old computers is idiotic. Whether they use 5.25" discs or 3.5" discs or cartridges or tape or freaking vinyl records is utterly irrelevant.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline IanP

• Show only replies by IanP
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
And yet only the Armiga has bothered to include a floppy drive on their proposed new Classic Amiga. All the FPGA based ones have ignored floppys and gone with flash storage devices only. That's because you don't have to be a masochist to like old computers, if there's a way to make the "old computer" better then why not do it. Hard drives and optical drives are getting rarer as flash storage gets cheaper and the cloud looms larger.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
Quote from: IanP;764307
And yet only the Armiga has bothered to include a floppy drive on their proposed new Classic Amiga. All the FPGA based ones have ignored floppys and gone with flash storage devices only. That's because you don't have to be a masochist to like old computers, if there's a way to make the "old computer" better then why not do it. Hard drives and optical drives are getting rarer as flash storage gets cheaper and the cloud looms larger.

I'm not worried about the availability of hard drives or optical media, but floppies?
Heck, they don't even make 5 1/4" floppies anymore and 3 1/2 " floppies are getting harder to get.
With their high capacity, flash cards are the only thing that makes sense.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 04:43:06 PM »
Like the CRT when faced with the advancement of LCD technology... The old rotating media seem positively archaic now. Floppies, CDs, DVD have all disappeared from my life. I sill have a Hard drive, but that is a 3TB NAS... I never see it :)

Offline psxphill

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;764278
I am very new in the concept of project and having someone to donate money to make the project a successful. I am no artist and have no idea the financial requirement to make this project and have no idea the difficult and actually the demand behind it.

Which is why you shouldn't even be considering asking others for money.

Crowd funding is for when you know what you want to do, how to do it and how much money it's going to cost.

Until you know the answer to all three of these then don't expect anyone to give you any money.

Otherwise all you're doing is asking for money so you can play.

Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;764278
This computer will have a special BASIC that have all the similar commands of these three systems plus the commands of those three systems in one BASIC language. This means you can run all BASIC games or apps from these systems in this one without needing to modify the program or port it for this machine. It will have all the RAMs and registries of each of these three different systems in place with this new system..thus all programs for NES, C64, Apple II and MSX will run natively on this machine without the required need of emulation in any regard.

What you've described is actually impossible.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:21:11 PM by psxphill »

Offline LiveForIt

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
@IanP

That's because you don't have to be a masochist to like old computers.

Stoped using my old Amiga500 because I felt like a masochist a long time a go, and yes I made shore the Amiga500 did not work any more, lets say frustration level had picked to a point, I where able to get over slow CPU and floppy drive.

if there's a way to make the "old computer" better then why not do it.

If you want to be nostalgic about some thing you better keep it original, or what else it the point, its impossible to be nostalgic about some thing that was made yesterday.

Anyway whats the problem whit making old Amiga computer better is that, you get kind of sandwich computer that you can move or touch whit out fear of some thing coming lose, and you spend days trying to find out what is not plugged in correctly.

And that's way I did not buy a Amiga4000 when did have money, I just where not that mad, anyway I'm happy being a AmigaOS4 user, not nostalgic about hardware, but I'm nostalgic about the OS.

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
I have no interest in NES, I have no interest in MSX, I have no interest in Apple II. I have an interest in C64.

I already have two C64 machines, three if you count the dud C64GS.

I have no interest in buying this proposed machine. I'm not sure how many people would be interested at all really.

I love to hear ideas, but this doesn't seem a good one. Don't take it the wrong way, you'll come up with something better I'm sure.

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »
A dream isnt a idea.
a1200 060

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 08:44:16 PM »
Quote from: Boot_WB;764295

@Atheist (I mean AmigaClassicRule)

OMG! *THIS* explains everything! How could I haven not seen this sooner! :rofl:
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;764311
Like the CRT when faced with the advancement of LCD technology... The old rotating media seem positively archaic now. Floppies, CDs, DVD have all disappeared from my life. I sill have a Hard drive, but that is a 3TB NAS... I never see it :)

Yet no serious retro gamer would ever use an old 8/16-bit system with an LCD.  Flash carts on the other hand are very useful :)

Offline psxphill

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Quote from: danwood;764326
Yet no serious retro gamer would ever use an old 8/16-bit system with an LCD.

I disagree. I have several old 14" 15khz monitors that I use, but I also use LCD's. I've even been known to use a composite video capture usb to use the laptop lcd as you don't need to be plugged into power.

None of them look like the TV that I used in the 80's, which died about 7 years ago.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 01:14:01 AM »
Yet no serious retro gamer would ever use an old 8/16-bit system with an LCD.  Flash carts on the other hand are very useful :)

Between this and the comment about the C64, you've managed to alienate me.
Who gives a ...
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 04:24:33 AM »
Yeah, 4K LED all the way!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #29 from previous page: May 13, 2014, 05:54:49 AM »
Quote from: IanP;764307

I agree, I love my A1200 but the best thing about it is using WHDLOAD to play games (my floppy drive doesn't get much use!)
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!