Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New products from Retro 7-bit  (Read 5220 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: New products from Retro 7-bit
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:53:36 PM »
No, it's essentially the same as the bridge card used to connect the FMV cartridge, but with the addition of a VGA port for easier connection to monitors. I think the intent is for it to be a low-cost way of getting a VGA port onto a CD32, with the expansion slot being an added bonus for those few internal-only peripherals (FMV cartridge, I think there's an RTC, maybe a few others).

Offline Matt_H

Re: New products from Retro 7-bit
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;827415
What a weird idea?! So it's just a SX-32 backplate without the accelerator and missing ALL the ports other than a VGA port! Why? Is a re-engineered DCE 030 board to follow or are they in league with the Vampire team providing a path to a Vampire CD32?

It does open the door to future expansion such as you describe, but I don't know what they're planning.

Plus doesn't the Indivision CD32 model give a VGA port plus scan-doubled screen modes? Why would you choose this instead?

I suspect this will be a hell of a lot cheaper. And it doesn't require opening the case to get to the motherboard, for those who care about such things. On my CD32, at least, the RF shielding is soldered shut.