Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PFS3 is soon to become free and opensource  (Read 30144 times)

Description:

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
Re: PFS3 is soon to become free and opensource
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;553742
This is fantastic news! I will definitely be installing PFS3 on a few Amigas around the office soon, I've wanted to check it out on the 68000 Amigas for a while now.

It also makes me wonder how many other ex-Amiga coders would be willing to give up their source code if only we sent them a friendly email.

I tried contacting the Author of Sysinfo, he seemed quite open to the idea, but alas he said he did not know where the source code was.......

Hi,

Wow a blast from the past.  Yes I am the same person and wrote that program in assembly language many years ago when I first started in computing.  I have no idea if I have the source code somewhere,  if I do I would need to try and find it,  its if the storage medium has survived these years I am really not sure.

the address in the current version being used by the community could be hacked and my current address put in.  If you can do this I suggest just hacking out the address and putting in my email address that wont change  nic@nicwilson.com   and or maybe the dvdinfopro web site.

I will see what I can find.

regards

Nic Wilson
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 01:13:30 AM »
YOU GOT TO BE JOKING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all were under the belief this was to be released to the AMIGA COMMUNITY, starting with a version on AMINET, and it gets handed lock stock and barrel over to AmigaFuture ?

Joke right ?

Nice going Gulliver, you just allowed Andreas ToolBox to pull the rug out from underneath your feet.

You did the work, Andreas gets all the credit, and AF magazines sold, I credit you with the effort and work to get PFS released, but thats just *STUPID* to let Andreas steal it from you.

Oh god you have NO IDEA how ANGRY I am at you for allowing it to slip away to AF.  AF is COMMERCIAL, so much for releasing it to Public domain for NON COMMERCIAL purposes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:26:10 AM by whiteb »
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:38:39 AM »
Quote from: arnljot;561809
You can buy a subscription to AmigaFuture from amigakit.

You should not need to, according to the emails that Gulliver posted, it was to be posted as Public Domain to Aminet, And source Public Domain if supplied and used as NON COMMERCIAL.

Yet now the first thing we get, it has been commercialized to AmigaFuture.  Unless this is a first step by AndreasM to attempt to commercialize files intended for Aminet.  But of course, if it was released to Aminet *FIRST*, then people would not BUY AmigaFuture.., which after this PATHETIC move, I urge people NOT TO DO !

As it was the intention of the Author to release PFS in to Aminet BEFORE AndreasM got his GRIMY hands on it, I suggest a DUAL release, of AmigaFuture *AND* aminet AT THE SAME TIME.  I do not support the "Antics" of AndreasM, seems this has MOST CERTAINLY backed up what is being saying about him in the Amiga Community. (Supplying illegal Kickstart and Workbench images, for profit, and intimidates people for things he doers not even have ANY claim under copyright to).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:54:20 AM by whiteb »
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 04:11:31 AM »
I am Utter Pissed it went to Andreas of all people, KING of infringing copyright.., given the amount of kickstart/Workbench he has ILLEGALLY sold, and at least not compensated the copyright holders (Word is, Hundreds of THOUSANDS of Euro).

It was intended (as per the wording of the email) to release it to PUBLIC DOMAIN via Aminet.

We are NOT talking about exclusive rights to distribute on a Magazine here, once again, Andreas is looking to PROFIT from something that he SHOULD NOT. (He knows how people feel about him).  Maybe if ANDREAS had done all the initial contact, and discussing with regards to EXCLUSIVE release.  Gulliver did all the foot work (okay email work), and Andreas benefits from it ?

Okay, *WILL* Andreas be giving any royalty fee for copies of AF sold, to michael ?, has he in ANY way compensated the Author for distributing the software via a COMMERCIAL medium ?  Will Andreas be COMPENSATING GULLIVER for his time and effort to get the Author to be willing to release the software ?

Come Andreas, OUT WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But one thing, Michael (Pelt), I would keep an eye on Andreas if I were you, next he will be claiming he OWNS the copyright to PFS because it appeared in AF, and that he doesnt need to show us any contract, JUST his word (And you KNOW exactly what i mean Andreas!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:28:14 AM by whiteb »
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Tenacious;561829
It is unfair to put this on Gulliver.  It seems he acted in good faith for all of us.  How is he responsible for what the other two parties choose to do?

He did good by approaching the author, and that cannot be taken from him, but he then passed on AndreasM's details to Michael..

As I said, Andreas has the decency of a SKUNK, and now PFS ends up on the Skunk's masterpiece.  UNLESS, Andreas *HAS* compensated Mr Pelt for the honor, but going by AndreasM's history, probably not.

And i stand by my comment, I expect Andreas to then turn around and announce he owns the copyright, without actually legally acquiring it, and not producing PROOF (as he has done previously).

I apologize in advance for insulting skunk's with their portrayal with Andreas.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;561869
I think certain people are blowing things out of proportion on this thread.  So what if AF magazine want to feature it on the cover-disk so that people can get it easily, as long as it's also available from other sources then it doesn't matter.

*IF* it gets released say on Aminet AT THE SAME TIME, but you watch for the words "AF EXCLUSIVE"...

Thats the DOGSHIT in this case, and of course, the DOG being ANDREASM.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »
Quote from: warpdesign;561872
I fail to see the problem. If PFS3 gets *open-sourced*, then it wouldn't be a problem to take the sources from AF CD and release it to Aminet, or anywhere else, right ?

Unless some weird licence is added while going through the AF CD that prevents that. But PFS3's author can't get fooled this way, right ?

I'm always amazed at how people talk about money, profit,... in such a tiny community where there shouldn't be *any* money involved at all.

No, its not that.., if you MADE the software, such as in this case, Michael Pelt then you DESERVE to be rewarded.  In this case, Michael has made his intentions to release it to Aminet (Via Gulliver), but now its going to be an Exclusive AF release ?

I just came out of an online chat with other people, and Yes, they too have read this thread, and they are as outraged as I am.  AndreasM has been and probably still is in the practice of selling (For profit) Workbench/Kickstart..... ILLEGALLY, as he has this God like Ego where he THINKS he has the right to do it, and at this time probably thinks he OWNS the brand AMIGA..., but he believes he does not have to PROVE he owns the items.  (Yes he actually said that, "I Dont have to PROVE to you I own ....xxxx...".

Heck, Michael in his emails to Gulliver expressed that source (And I assume the binaries) was to be released in to Public Domain, with the distinct expression "NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USES".  Well, using AF to release PFS3, is about as COMMERCIAL as you can get it.  And the GOD of copyright infringement himself of all people.  There are even people calling out for AndreasM to be BANNED, at least from EAB.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;562152
Any more info as to this issue?

You will not get any information now that it has been handed over to AndreasM, for inclusion with AF.  Its not FREE any more, its been given lock stock and barrel to AmigaFuture.

AndreasM has stated in a (Now Deleted by AndreasM) post on EAB, that it is a NON-EXCLUSIVE release on the coverdisk of AF, but Pelt asked him *NOT* to put it up for free on the download section of the website.  Given that Pelt Intends (or Intended) to upload it to Aminet, why would he all of a sudden deny the files being HOSTED, FOR FREE download from the AF website.

Once again, AndreasM is doing some crap talking, after all, why come out of the closet and state that it is NON EXCLUSIVE, then go back and delete all the text from the post ?
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
Quote from: Gulliver;562267
You seem to have missed Michiel last email, just above, where he confirms the opposite. :)

You seem to have missed everyone's argument here, this is AndreasM we are talking about.

What Pelt has said, and what AndreasM *THINKS* are TWO entirely different things.  Going by AndreasM's previous history.

Andreas will be making a Monetary reward from the sale of the Coverdisks, off of the back of your efforts in negotiating with Pelt.., Has Andreas given you any reward (Even a FREE copy of the edition in question) for your effort, that he *WILL* be profiting from ?
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
Quote from: broken;569579
So, any update on availability of PFS3?

Nope, only that AF got an authority from Pelt to include PFS on an edition of AF, then all other "Releases", which included Aminet suddenly died in the ass.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 03:00:48 AM »
Quote from: broken;569582
Like I said, any word on its "availability".

;)

I am not buying AF on the principle of Andreas(M)'s actions, I am not going to speak for any one else...., just me.

But PFS is now available on an available edition of AF, I wont say where, because I personally do not want to give AF credit for Pulling the rug out from under our feet.

Extras:
PC Task, T.U.R.D.II, The First Samurai, Hammerfist, Second Samurai, Street Racer, Time Machine, Professional File System III (PFS3)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:04:21 AM by whiteb »
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »
Quote from: AndreasM;569608
Which actions?

That we attack back when anyone make us trouble?

Your previous actions causing people to doubt your actions with PFS, And do not try to deny that you know nothing of that you are "Accused of".

By the way, now you are posting, have you in ANY way compensated (Even a FREE copy of AF) Gulliver for his actions of actually Talking Pelt in to any sort of release of PS3, since you will be BENEFITING from his actions, and his trusting you by giving you Pelt's contact details.  Gulliver did all the talking, and emailing with Pelt.  Have you compensated him for his efforts ?

Because going by Gilliver's posts here and on EAB, Pelt was *ABOUT* to release PFS to Aminet for the Benefit of the Amiga community, when Pelt announced that he had come to an Agreement with you for a release with AF, after Gulliver had given you the details ?  

Then all of a sudden, the "PENDING" release to aminet went quiet.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »
Quote from: AndreasM;569620
but thats not true. we never talk with the developer that he dont release PFS3 to Aminet. We talke only fopr a permission for the Amiga Future, too.

But that is why people thought you had, going by your previous actions.  Your ability to think that you *OWN* the copyright to anything you sell.

Thats why EAB hates you with such dispassion.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 01:31:06 PM »
Quote from: AndreasM;569624
again which previous actions?

no. we own the right from your software. from nothing more.

Now care to try that in English ?  I dont have any software.  Any software you supply on disk is Supplied by the COPYRIGHT holder.  Does not mean you now own the copyright because you supplied it on disk..

Anyway, do you still have IPF images of games that are banned in Germany, on your Website ? (Only slightly ILLEGAL).

Do peoplw on Amiga-News still believe your little tales about how hosting IPF images is illegal

Its Illegal, No need to talk about it

oblivious to the fact that you actually host IPF's ?

The thing is Andreas, People on EAB dont forget your past antics, of SELLING Kickstart images on Ebay.. and I believe they even quoted you as saying you owned THEM too.
So you can see, that why people (And me) are skeptical of your pleadings of no "Shady" deals with Pelt have been done.  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... well Andreas, its certainly not an elephant.
A1200
A1000

Offline whiteb

• Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 01:52:44 PM »
Quote from: AndreasM;569628

banned in germany? from where have you this joke?
IPF are not banned in germany and not illegal.

Sword of Sodan (I think it was) was Banned in Germany, Yes Andreas, it is Illegal to host files, in Germany that were banned for ANY sort of distribution (IPF or otherwise).

You Either STILL DO, or you ONCE did. So you broke the law.

You have a history of trying to, or MAKING profit, from other people's hard work. In this case, Gulliver. Have you, or are you going to compensate him, as appreciation ? Given your aim was to use PFS as a tool to sell magazines, did you send him one ?

We NEVER selling Kickstarts images on Ebay! please dont spread this lies!!!
yes, many lies... no examples... very nice :/

Yeah unfortunately, Ebay do not keep listings for too long.

You sold compilation CD's of Amiga software, that included Kickstart images. -MODERATED-

Killa was right, -MODERATED- This link might explain the word i am looking for.

-MODERATED-

Thank You John Lithgow !
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:52:08 PM by redrumloa »
A1200
A1000