Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new site changes/bugs  (Read 3059 times)

Description:

Offline chrisTopic starter

new site changes/bugs
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »
The "replies to threads since last visit" etc links have disappeared.  This was my main "what's happened since I was last here" link so I'm keen to see it returned!

You can't expand Recent Forum Topics beyond what shows on the front page so with this and the missing thing above it's impossible to see what has happened recently unless only a few things have been posted...

The Profile and Messages menus appear to have drop-downs which are supposed to display when you hover over them... at least, I assume that's what they do as nothing happens in Firefox.
(edit: ah, figured it out, to get the menu you have to click exactly on the down arrow.  That's a terrible piece of UX design, please change it!)

These were all fine when the site launched, I don't know why they have been changed since :-\
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:56:27 PM by chris »
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
Re: new site changes/bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
The "replies to threads since last visit" etc links have disappeared.
There are buttons for "Show all your posts", "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" on the top right corner of the front page. The second one should be what you're looking for?

The Profile and Messages menus appear to have drop-downs which are supposed to display when you hover over them... at least, I assume that's what they do as nothing happens in Firefox.
(edit: ah, figured it out, to get the menu you have to click exactly on the down arrow.  That's a terrible piece of UX design, please change it!)
These are not drop downs, they simply switch the menu from vertical layout with all items visible to horizontal layout with mouse-over drop-downs.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 12:30:45 PM »
I just got a mail from a.org telling me that "A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching". I never subscribed to any threads, but according to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications I have topic notifications activated for some 200 threads - that's probably every thread I ever posted in or something like that. On that very same profile page, "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic" is not checked (and never was).

Offline chrisTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 06:33:02 PM »
The "replies to threads since last visit" etc links have disappeared.
There are buttons for "Show all your posts", "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" on the top right corner of the front page. The second one should be what you're looking for?

Yes, they are back now. They weren't there when I posted.
These are not drop downs, they simply switch the menu from vertical layout with all items visible to horizontal layout with mouse-over drop-downs.

Hmm, the hover over wasn't working in Firefox, maybe it is now, I'm on the wrong device to check.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz