Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Wolfenstein3D port  (Read 4889 times)

Description:

Offline ShadesOfGrey

• Show all replies
Re: Interesting Wolfenstein3D port
« on: August 27, 2004, 08:51:41 PM »

drHirudo wrote:
There is Wolfenstein3D port for the AppleIIGS, which runs only on 2.8MHz.

I've actually played that version!  All in all it's a pretty good port.  But you really couldn't run it on a stock IIgs.  You really needed an accelerator...

In fact I'm not sure if it will run without one...

It's been such a long time!  Maybe I'll break out my IIgs just to find out.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, this message is not meant to affirm nor deny, defend nor offend any faction within the \\\'Amiga\\\' Community.

Offline ShadesOfGrey

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 10:14:06 PM »

HopperJF wrote:
You see I would download that for my ST.. but the thing is neither Mac or Windoze XP can format 720k DOS disks anymore meaning its practically impossible for me to put the thing on some floppies  :-(

Are you sure?  I don't have any 1.0MB 3.5" floppies ATM (well, ones that I wouldn't mind formatting).  I'm pretty sure you can still format one to 720k under XP though.  You might have to use the command line "format" command and specify /F:720 for it to work.

[Edit]Just scrounged up an old DS/DD 3.5" disk and had no problems formatting it using the command line (even w/o the /F switch).  The GUI tool however does restrict you to 1.44MB disks[/Edit]
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, this message is not meant to affirm nor deny, defend nor offend any faction within the \\\'Amiga\\\' Community.

Offline ShadesOfGrey

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 05:17:34 AM »

HopperJF wrote:

That will be where I was going wrong then, thank you  :-D
PS.. the PC is not mine  :lol:

I'm glad you can appreciate the tip over a year later! :lol:

On the odd ocassion, 'PCs' can be useful...  :roll: