Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Altman and Commodore USA  (Read 64917 times)

Description:

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show all replies
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »
Quote from: Motormouth;577660

I do not have a OS4.1 system of my own, but from what I have seen of OS4.1 it has lost much of its amiga soul.  It feels much like a PPC linux distro.  but certainly I would defer to all of you with an OS4.1 systems.

What will the aeon X1000 do to make it an "amiga"? run OS 4.1?  and are you willing to pay a possible $1000+ USD for it?  

The X1000 is using 5 year old technology but costing $2000-2500+ USD based on £1500+ price estimate.

However OS X is just a very well designed GUI on a version of UNIX, there is no shame in OS 4 achieving the same....shame the hardware just isn't there because nobody [with some capital] had the brains to telephone IBM and ask them to aid in the design of a 3.2Ghz PPC compatible Xenon CPU they manufacture for peanuts in quantities now totalling over 50 million to date ;)

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show all replies
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:43 PM »
Quote from: persia;577649
Android tablets are likely to be the hot items this Christmas season.    There's dozens of them in the pipelines...

Google have put the Kybosh on that for now, no official update to Android is expected to allow for larger [than mobile phone] resolutions for an iPad rival. So......... Google's stupidity is now into 3

Chrome OS GUI (what where they thinking?!?!?!!? )
Dodgy silent/mandatory updates to Chrome Browser (leave the damn thing alone!)
Not pushing Android Tablets with every last cent they have!

So maybe now this is the 3rd bit of bad news they might start acting like the class act of old :)